C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who wants there own Corvette Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey
What is the current gross income and net profit of the shop and the existing customer base?

Do you own the building or lease it?

Lots of other questions of course..
Hi Mike,

If your in town this week stop in & we can talk more in depth and have you sign a NDA & I will give you copies of all you need.

Tracy
Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Hi Mike,

If your in town this week stop in & we can talk more in depth and have you sign a NDA & I will give you copies of all you need.

Tracy
That is the best and safest way to handle it. NDA protects the seller. These are the same questions I have along with several others.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Honey, I have this great suprise trip planned for us this weekend...pack your sun-screen AND YOUR BIKINI!

i fixed it for you
Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 AM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Togo
i fixed it for you
LOL! Give her the choice, Eldora sking (little ski hill out of Boulder) and freeze, or FL beaches & palm trees.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
CE2004
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tracy - just finished selling a multi-store business. Make sure you get some cash with those Non-Disclosures and financial details. Otherwise, the weekend lookie-loos will wear you out and you'll waste a ton of time -not- selling your business.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:47 AM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CE2004
Tracy - just finished selling a multi-store business. Make sure you get some cash with those Non-Disclosures and financial details. Otherwise, the weekend lookie-loos will wear you out and you'll waste a ton of time -not- selling your business.
Good advice! Thanks!
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CE2004
It is not a bad idea, however with the 3 business I have bought and sold over the last several years, I have not asked for any monies for a NDA, nor have I paid for it. Although, when I have talked to a few potential buyers I had a feeling if they were just window shoppers or someone who was interested in it. Others were in the same industry and for them I would not give my customer list until I had monies with a purchase agreement.

There are a couple business opportunities I'm looking at, 2 of them I have discussed the details w/o paying for the details. I do not need a customer list which is where the NDA comes into play when trying to protect your current customers. The P&L, tax returns, debts, assets, cash-flow statements tell me more about the company then a customer list.

Any business transaction takes time to work through, I do not think the buyer should have to pay for the sellers time as I feel my time is just as important.

Good advice! Thanks!
I will drop you a line later this week and go from there.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Who wants there own Corvette Shop?