C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, and stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 07:16 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, and stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Well after selling the drag radials to get ET Streets for next year I thought my season was over.
I was wrong.After going 12.67 with a :bb 2.4 60 ft time and a 12.28 with a 2.2 60 on BF Goodrich KD's at Etown Sat.
I got to thinking that with a little better 60 I could possibly see 11's on my street tires.

The day started great, got there around 10:30 and had 4 passes in by noon.
1. 12.57@117.8 right off the street untouched. Got beat by a ugly Mustang that ran a 12.18
2. 14.74@106 saw the guardraill out of the windshield when I hit second(not good. Idon't recall what beat me here
3.lowered tire pressure to 20 no powershift to 2nd this time 12.31@116.7 beat by a damn Talon running 125 mph trap speeds
4. 12.08@116 lost to another Mustang 11.10 with a 1.33 60 ft WOW

Then the bad thing happened.A guy in 67-69 Camaro launched on his rear bumper and almost lost it.It did'nt seem like much he got it straightened out went down the track,and racing resumed.A few minutes later racing stops and they announce a medical emergency and the ambulance leaves the track so we can't race until it comes back.Seems someone going to see if he needed a tow back to the pits found him laying beside his car unconcious not breathing :eek:They had to revive him 2 times.
:( I hope he was okay,but there was no news at the track when I left.
No thats not the stupid thing!

So two hours later we resume and I'm behind this knucklehead in a jacked up Monte SS . He launches and his left axle goes flying out of the housing dropping 90w down the track.This idiot jumps out of the car and has a hissy fit picking the wheel up axle and all and throwing it in his car.The idiot then proceeds to punch out his rear window :rolleyes: leaving glass all over the track too,and guess what he slit his wrist open and they had to get the ambulance again. fortunately this time the ambulance did'nt have to leave.
Apparently he broke the right axle the week before and acted the same.Needless to say he was asked to leave and not return.

So now fifth run can't hook second again 12.98 :mad lost to a 38 Chevy I think. He ran a 11.55

I was putting air in my tires to leave and ran into someone I had'nt seen for a while.We start BS'in and next thing ya know I'm in the staging lanes again.
11.98@ 115.6 1.87 60. I don't quite understand the MPH being slower,but I'll take it :D Lost to another ugly half primered juiced up Mustang 10.70 on ET streets

So great new times but overall a lousy day.

Hope the Camaro guy is okay.
Kind of puts things in perspective does'nt it :blueangel:

Bob

[Modified by Duntov-097, 7:25 PM 11/18/2001]

[Modified by Duntov-097, 7:28 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 07:40 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,124 Likes on 561 Posts

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ...

Then a bad thing happened a guy in 67-69 Camaro launched on his rear bumper and almost lost it.Did'nt seem like much he got it straightened out went down the track,and racing resumed
Could you explain this in English? :confused:
Old 11-18-2001, 08:02 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Re: New best ...bad day at the track, and stupidest thing I've ever seen. (Duntov-097)

Thanks for the post, Bob. Good read.

Some days, even when you finish with an excellent run, it still isn't enough to make up for the incidents and antics that make everyone else wait...for what seem like forever to get racing again.

Ranger
Old 11-18-2001, 08:15 PM
Mean Green
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI III & IV Vote Ho
CI II, III, IV & V Vet
CI IV Bracket Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

congrats on the new time :cheers:.....seems there were some good times at the track across the country this weekend :D
Old 11-18-2001, 08:21 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (CP)

Lighten up CP.
Sorry I made life so difficult for you. I'm not really known for my typing skills.
Ranger understood it.

Try this

Then the bad thing happened. A guy in a 67-69 Camaro launched on his rear bumper,and almost lost it. It did'nt seem like much.He got it straightened out,went down the track,and racing resumed.

Do you feel better now ? I know I do

:D
Old 11-18-2001, 08:23 PM
Truck Guy
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lord of the Tree
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10, '16

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track,

Hey...A bad day at the track is always better that a good day at work :yesnod: :lol:

Congrats on the 11.98et :cheers:
Old 11-18-2001, 08:24 PM
2thDr
Drifting

Then a bad thing happened a guy in 67-69 Camaro launched on his rear bumper and almost lost it.Did'nt seem like much he got it straightened out went down the track,and racing resumed

This sentence is difficult to follow. A little punctuation would help tremendously.

[Modified by 2thDr, 6:25 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 08:36 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (2thDr)

2th
See above post to CP

Its been corrected. Should I stay for detention today, or would you prefer I write it on the chalkboard 100 times?

I wish I could be perfect I wish I could be perfect I wish I could be perfect

too bad I can't count past 12 :D

[Modified by Duntov-097, 7:37 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 08:42 PM
MySea6
Melting Slicks

Default Re: New best time and stupidest thing I've ever seen. (Duntov-097)

That is one wackeee track :crazy:

Glad you were able to keep it together for a great run.

[Modified by MySea5, 7:55 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 08:42 PM
Cw
Pro

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (Duntov-097)

Not me, right?

Besides, I understood what you meant and didn't comment before now.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:49 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (Cw)

Bob, 11/18 you go to e-town and get 4 runs by noon??????????
Old 11-18-2001, 08:51 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (2thDr)

CP, 2thDr,

Sorry I did'nt see that ya'll are from Texas.

Let me try this again.

Well Then that dang ole bad thing happened.Ya see this ole boy was goin down the track in one of them dang ole Camaros.When the ole boy launched it the dang thing went plum up on the dang ole rear bumper.The the dang ole boy almost lost it,but he corralled it back in and went on down the dang ole track!Then them ole boys commenced racin' again. :D
Old 11-18-2001, 08:57 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (mackeyred96)

Mackey,
Not E-town.
Island runs 10-4 Sundays if you get there early you can do hot laps before the place fills up.

CW no not you. Apparently I am just an idiot :D Who has no idea what he is posting. I knew if I learned to read that it would come in handy some day!

Damn Sea5 you too? You can't spell wacky or C5 OMG what to do. :D :D
Old 11-18-2001, 09:31 PM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (Duntov-097)

Congratulations on the 11.98, its sounds like a very interesting day at the track!
Old 11-18-2001, 09:38 PM
MJM
Drifting

CP, 2thDr,

Well Then that dang ole bad thing happened.Ya see this ole boy was goin down the track in one of them dang ole Camaros.When the ole boy launched it the dang thing went plum up on the dang ole rear bumper.The the dang ole boy almost lost it,but he corralled it back in and went on down the dang ole track!Then them ole boys commenced racin' again. :D
Thats funny, I'm from Texas, but its still hilarious.
Old 11-18-2001, 09:51 PM
MySea6
Melting Slicks

F... me! Well, at least I understood the camaro bumper launch thing.
Even without punctuation :D

Damn Sea5 you too? You can't spell wacky or C5 OMG what to do. :D :D
Old 11-18-2001, 10:42 PM
2thDr
Drifting

CP, 2thDr,

Let me try this again.

That's MUCH better. Yer speakin' English now pardner!

Get notified of new replies

To New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, and stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Old 11-19-2001, 02:44 AM
pkmoose
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, and stupidest thing I've ever seen.

nice final run, and yes, I understood the whole thing :D
Old 11-19-2001, 03:20 AM
DUKE
Burning Brakes

Default Re: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, ... (wallstAL)

Is that track next to an insane asylumn or what? And the call Alabama crazy rednecks....those people are just plain wacko. :crazy: Slit his wrist? Somebody get him back in the lock down. :crazy:
Old 11-19-2001, 10:18 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

sounds like he had a heart attack! I hope he's ok....

Robert

Quick Reply: New best time,lost every race,bad day at the track, and stupidest thing I've ever seen.