C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 07:01 PM
oceanaire
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram.

My 3.42's arrived 2 weeks ago. The Yank TC arrived today. I ordered a Powerloader 2 weeks ago. It may be here in 2-4 weeks. Does anybody know of a shop in Florida that can do the gear/TC install and do the re-programming at the same time? I guess I'm getting a little anxious!!

Thanks, Eric
Old 11-16-2001, 08:15 PM
ronnie948
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram. (oceanaire)

Call Corvette Masters in Maitland Florida (Orlando) Phone 407 831 3990 Or Fax 407 831 4329. The owner is Robby Hooper and these guy's are Corvette experts. The web-site is http://www.corvettemasters.com The address is 8615 N. Orlando Ave. Maitland Florida 32751, They installed my Magnaflow X-Pipe and exhaust system, and my Donaldson Blackwing and I was more then pleased with their work. The shop is neat & Clean and the service is excellent. They only seem to work on Corvettes. They are right next to Rogers Corvette Center. Check them out for what you need to have done.
:chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 11-16-2001, 10:09 PM
2000^C5
Race Director

Default Re: Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram. (oceanaire)

I am the perfect one to answer! :D
I live in Boca, and had gears/ Yank converter and PCM install done by Mike Norris in Orlando.
He is your man, go with him, you won't be sorry.
Mike is a great guy, has fair prices, has many years of experiance, he is a writer for Corvette Fever, and he is a forum tuner.

He did a Corvette Fever magazine article on my gears/converter install.
Drive up for a day to Orlando, let him do the install, and then drive back down home.
Just click on his website at the right side of the page, it's called "Norris Motorsports".

You will love the gears/converter, they really wake up the car, actually, it feels like a new car!
Good luck! :D

[Modified by 2000^C5, 8:09 PM 11/16/2001]
Old 11-16-2001, 10:09 PM
Peach
Safety Car

Orlando Events Coordinator
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram. (ronnie948)

Call Corvette Masters in Maitland Florida (Orlando) Phone 407 831 3990 Or Fax 407 831 4329. The owner is Robby Hooper and these guy's are Corvette experts. The web-site is http://www.corvettemasters.com The address is 8615 N. Orlando Ave. Maitland Florida 32751, They installed my Magnaflow X-Pipe and exhaust system, and my Donaldson Blackwing and I was more then pleased with their work. The shop is neat & Clean and the service is excellent. They only seem to work on Corvettes. They are right next to Rogers Corvette Center. Check them out for what you need to have done.
:chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy
Oh yes, thier very very good...but, In south Florida, I would use Breathless performance.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:57 PM
oceanaire
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram. (2000^C5)

Yes, I've heard Norris is good, but can he do the PCM reprogramming?
Old 11-17-2001, 10:34 AM
2000^C5
Race Director

Yes, I've heard Norris is good, but can he do the PCM reprogramming?
I thought you had a Powerloader coming? Just bring it to him and he will load it up.

Give him a call about the programming if you don't have a Powerloader, I am sure he will be able to do it...
Old 11-17-2001, 10:45 AM
oceanaire
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram. (2000^C5)

Ordered the Powerloader a couple of weeks ago. They say it will take a month from the time I ordered it. I just talked to someone that ordered thiers 2 month ago, and hasn't received it yet. I have heard the Powerloader is good, and that Steve Cole does excellent work, but I'm not sure if I want to wait.

I just spoke w/Mike Norris. He gave me another alternative with Ed Wright. But Mike can't do the install until December. I guess I'll wait a few more weeks on the Powerloader, and then have Norriss do the work.

Thanks all, Eric

[Modified by oceanaire, 9:46 AM 11/17/2001]

[Modified by oceanaire, 9:59 AM 11/17/2001]
Old 11-17-2001, 09:29 PM
2000^C5
Race Director

Good choice, Mike is great!
Old 11-18-2001, 01:32 AM
Skeeter1
Drifting

Norris :yesnod:
Old 11-18-2001, 12:28 PM
spikezz4
Pro

You might also call the Corvette Clinic in Sanford, FL at 407-323-7804. They do PCM's, too. They will, however, be at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona Beach most of the Thanksgiving week.

Spike

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram.

Quick Reply: Looking for shop in S. Florida that can install gears, TC, AND reprogram.