C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!!

Old 11-13-2001, 09:04 AM
SpeedracerXTC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!!

I heard this the other day as a Rumor but I just confirmed with a VERY reliable Source. John Hennessey has offered his company FOR SALE and is looking to tuck-tail and RUN!! The offering for the facility and all its contents is offered for the HMS resonable price of ONLY, $600,000.00. If you want the name, Hennessey Motorsports and all the Trademarks to use it, the INCREDIBLE Price of $1.5 Million Dollars is a bargain and comes with a list of how many people it takes to finish One Corvette and Viper per year with only half the parts ordered, yet paid for.

Just thought this might be of some use to a few people who may have an interest in this...

:U
Old 11-13-2001, 09:28 AM
Mag Red Monster
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (SpeedracerXTC)

:rolleyes: Some poor sucker will probably buy it :yesnod:
Old 11-13-2001, 09:34 AM
c5vetteman
Drifting

Do you know if any of the major car magazines are going to do a story on his demise? :D
Old 11-13-2001, 09:48 AM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (c5vetteman)

I guess I'm not really surprised.

Old 11-13-2001, 10:05 AM
C5Cemo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (rschiltz)

I guess I'm not really surprised.
Me neither. I have been hearing for at least 6 months that HMS was close to bankruptcy.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:13 AM
ZO6LS6
Drifting

Where there is smoke, usually fire follows..............IF true, He isn't the only one having BIG problems right now......... :nonod:
Old 11-13-2001, 10:21 AM
c5vetteman
Drifting

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (ZO6LS6)

Where there is smoke, usually fire follows..............IF true, He isn't the only one having BIG problems right now......... :nonod:
Are you suggesting that other tuners are about to abandon ship as well? :confused:
Old 11-13-2001, 10:39 AM
HeliPilot
Instructor

Well he still has e-mail. I received this reply from him last night after I called him out right here on the corvetteforum yesterday. Understand that the reason for my post here was twofold. One was to let him know that he has crossed the line, the other was to warn CORVETTE owners that he is trying to solicit for future lawsuits that they should think twice before sending payment for anything in advance (I believe the purpose of the forum is to compare notes good and bad and let the members use that guidance in their decision making process.)

Once again, when he does crawl out from under his rock, his concerns are flipping the story so you feel bad for him...someone is angry and he is scared....go tell your mommy. He did not mention a word about the accusations of non-delivery of product or any other of my concerns, just "I'm gonna tell on you" and using terroristic labels. Anyway here is the reply and my response. As far John H. coming to FL, Joel is offering a first class ticket and we'll pick him up at the airport and drive him to the Sherrif's Office so he can file whatever complaint he wants. He won't need a round trip ticket either cause the authorities will laugh him right back to TX (where a Court Docket will await him for charges that are real) If he is really lucky he will end up in Club Fed for the mail and wire fraud he committed. Personally, I like the idea of him getting bored and stroked in a TX State Prison Facility much more and will pursue that avenue with a vengence. When he gets out, there will be a 2016 Neon Venom 125R for him to drive home that we bought him with the interest from the unpaid judgement.

Funny how NONE of the 29 replies to my original post before the thread
was locked were in support of HMS. Not a one.... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=182252

His attorney is probably salivating right now at the propect of the hourly fees he will be collecting (in advance, I hope...what's good for the goose....) to defend the undefendable.

Anyway here is the corrrespondence....make of it what you will.

----- Original Message -----
To: evan@silverbuilders.com
Cc: VenomCoupe@aol.com ; troy@corvetteforum.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 12:27 AM
Subject: TERRORISTIC THREATS

Evan,

Your posts on the corvette forum at the very least are assault and are possibly a terroristic threat.

I will be forwarding a copy of your post on the corvetteforum to the proper authorities in Broward county / Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I look forward to hearing what they have to say about you making terroristic threats over the internet.

As far as you making a trip to Houston, I may be able to save you a trip here, as I may be making a trip to FL to press criminal charges against you.

Sincerely,

John Hennessey
Hennessey Motorsports, Inc

To: HMSVipers@aol.com
Cc: Joel Feinberg
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: TERRORISTIC THREATS

Funny that you don't mention a word about the deal between you and Joel and how you have strung him and many others on the 'net along for 4 months....Just seems you are trying to put a different spin (as always....marketing guys like to do that) on the actual facts that you are the true criminal. Call and contact anyone you want down here.....Terroristic....yea, that's a good one, compare our nations greatest tragedy and ongoing global problems to a fraudulent business deal and someone telling you "like it is". I'll tell ya something else pal, I don't give a rat's butt at this point about anything other than making sure that you deliver what you contracted for or making sure you suffer consequences equal to what you have put Joel thru at this point. He is much more passive than I and would prefer to wait until No Mercy and he get together with all the others you have screwed and they will have a field day with you in Court. If you were a real man you would either replied to my post with a current status of the order and apologize for the delays or butch up and say you accept the offer to scrap....This "I'm gonna tell the teacher" is for Pu*sies.....what's that?.....you are.....I thought so. You do whatever you think is right. Just let me warn you that once you pop the top off this can of worms, you will NEVER get the lid back on.

[Modified by HeliPilot, 8:42 AM 11/13/2001]
Old 11-13-2001, 11:01 AM
NoMercy
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats funny!! Hennessey last E-mailed me about a month ago when he promised me a "FedEx" check. He is reading our posts and is too frightened to respond. John ... why not defend yourself buddy?

Hey John ... Merry Christmas ... it's on me!! :mad :mad
Old 11-13-2001, 11:23 AM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (HeliPilot)

Hmmm, sounds like John is either reading the Texas Penal Code or has contact with someone who is willing to throw legal jargon his way. The Code covers both assault (section 22.01) and terrorist threat (section 22.07). You can check them out, here: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statu...002200toc.html

This is in no way a legal opinion, but it looks at a quick glance that both assault and terrorist threat require, among other things, a threat of imminent bodily injury. It could certainly be argued that nothing at this point is imminent. Indeed, all John has to do is do what is right (i.e., send back the $30+ THOUSAND DOLLARS :U ) and there's no concern whatsoever!

I would like to be naive enough to think that if John sells his business, he is going to take the $600k, or whatever, and refund the big-ticket folks that so far have gotten little or nothing for their money. That would be nice. Of course, it would be nice if he would state that he is going to do so. Otherwise, I guess the last chance these folks might have is to get the legal wheels rolling and try to seize a portion of that money. :mad

[Modified by SteveL2, 9:24 AM 11/13/2001]
Old 11-13-2001, 12:07 PM
C5chicky
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (SteveL2)

JH is gonna make some inmate a fine woman. :lol:
Old 11-13-2001, 12:09 PM
2thDr
Drifting

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (SteveL2)

I wonder what started this avalance for Hennessey? I mean, he was able to start a business and make it pretty large and well-known......something that can't be done with a lot of bad publicity. So he must have been legitimate in the beginning anyway, right? I wonder what originally happened to start all this mess?
Old 11-13-2001, 12:25 PM
CaperZ28
Instructor

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (2thDr)

I wonder if anybody should let the publications that made him Big (Motor Trend; Road & Track; Car & Driver;etc) Know who they were promoting.
Old 11-13-2001, 12:57 PM
c5vetteman
Drifting

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (2thDr)

I wonder what started this avalance for Hennessey? ... I wonder what originally happened to start all this mess?
Could have been personal problems like bad investments, gambling losses, etc.
There was a Harley shop in my neck of the woods in which seemed to be reputable for a while until the owner got busted for selling bikes on consignment and then not turning the money over to the respective owners. He basically tried to run a pyramid scheme for a while until he got busted. Rumor was that he had gambling losses and couldn't cover personally so he started to take money from the business to cover his losses. :rolleyes:
Old 11-13-2001, 01:14 PM
Godspeed
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

In addition to rumors of gambling debts, etc, I have also heard that JH has a serious drug use/alcohol problem. Only internet rumors, who knows...

Old 11-13-2001, 01:22 PM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (Godspeed)

Obviously serious cash flow problems.

Old 11-13-2001, 02:53 PM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (C5chicky)

C5 Chicky good one :lol: I also hope that people who have no regard for others are paid in full :mad

Get notified of new replies

To Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!!

Old 11-13-2001, 03:15 PM
HeliPilot
Instructor

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (rschiltz)

I'd say so, considering he is delinquent in his Harris County Taxes at both the

Business http://www.tax.co.harris.tx.us/2001t...acct=A+0574125
and
Personal level http://www.tax.co.harris.tx.us/2001t...=1171370000002

to the tune of $13,546.60 on the house and $9,957.41 on the biz.

Boy, you can sure dig up some dirt on the 'net. :eek:

Update: He did call Joel this morning...coincidence....I think not. He promised delivery of every remaining item. I will give the dude a little time to make things right on this deal. Tough times I can understand, but not telling the truth and ducking phone calls is where I have a big problem with his business practices. We'll keep you posted!
Old 11-13-2001, 04:21 PM
99PewterHardtop
Pro

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (HeliPilot)

Looks like JohnH is still aloive, well, and kilcking with a sense of humor...
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/007837.html
Old 11-13-2001, 04:33 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!! (99PewterHardtop)

Man, this is infuriating to me, and I didn't lose a penny to this man. :mad How can he possibly predict being in business in 10 years after what has done with 10s of thousands of dollars from prospective customers? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hennessey Motorsports FOR SALE!!