C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Driver's Door Lock Failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
2001PewterCoupe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Driver's Door Lock Failure

Tried to lock my doors with the switch on the door panel when getting out of the car with the driver's door open and noticed an intermittent failure of the solenoid to lock the door. Pressed it three or four times before it locked. Went home and tried it again same thing then tried it with the remote and it worked but then tried it again with the switch and it wouldn't lock at all for about 15 minutes. Unlock works fine only the locking function failing. I can hear the relays clicking but the solenoid isn't going. Anyone else have this problem or know of what's wrong? I was thinking maybe it's the key in the ignition safety kicking in or the solenoid is failing. Any thoughts on this problem?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 PM
brookman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search for door module relays. I know there were quite a few threads about this but I don't remember if it was just windows or windows and locks.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
white90conv
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It's probably a relay in the door control module. However, I would expect it to affect both the door switch and the remote, not just the switch. There are a lot of threads on this subject.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by white90conv
It's probably a relay in the door control module. However, I would expect it to affect both the door switch and the remote, not just the switch. There are a lot of threads on this subject.
That's putting it mildly.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Jettech
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my passenger side door. I removed the door panel and cleaned all the connections with contact cleaner. This fixed my problem. It's worth a try before spending $. You will need to unplug all connections to accomplish this. Reseating the connectors may have created a new contact point resulting in less resistance. Either way it worked and was cheap!

Get notified of new replies

To Intermittent Driver's Door Lock Failure

Quick Reply: Intermittent Driver's Door Lock Failure