C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Exhaust Bullet or PRT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Poolman1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&B Exhaust Bullet or PRT?

Hi I am new to the forum and have just brought a mint 2004 with 6000 miles and love it!
I have been looking at which exhaust to go for - like the sound of the B&B bullits but wonder if they would be to much? Doe's anyone have the B&B PRT's fitted? also which x pipe would you recomend as I can't see if B&B make one.
thanks
Old 09-12-2007, 10:45 PM
TAZZVETTE
Instructor

Welcome to the "CF" As I posted on another thread, I went with the B&B PRT Speedway Exhaust System with the Bassani X-pipe
Very smooth but WATCH OUT @ WOT...The call of the "BLACK TIGER" has spoken!! Welcome to the Jungle
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you want louder than stock? Or super awesome loud? The latter would be the bullets.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Poolman1
Advanced

Originally Posted by DefenderC5
Do you want louder than stock? Or super awesome loud? The latter would be the bullets.
Originally Posted by TAZZVETTE
Welcome to the "CF" As I posted on another thread, I went with the B&B PRT Speedway Exhaust System with the Bassani X-pipe
Very smooth but WATCH OUT @ WOT...The call of the "BLACK TIGER" has spoken!! Welcome to the Jungle
thanks, I would like louder than stock, don't want any drone. - I forgot to say they car is an auto.

Tazzvette any reason why you went for the Bassani x over others?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:34 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion the Bullets are not super loud unless at WOT. Anything other than WOT and they just sound kinda popping almost like glasspack sounding on a lowriders car. They sound awesome WOT at each shift point but I hate the sound of them part throttle going through the gears. I either at less than 25% throttle shifting through the gears or 3/4+ otherwise I don't like the sound of them. In my case though I am generally pretty close to 3/4 in town driving shifting anyway so they always sound great. I happen to love the drone they make at the certain rpms and actually stay in that range sometimes. People that have been next to me on the freeway tell me its deafening to them driving beside me in the drone range.

They do not sound loud at idle. I have yet to figure out why everyone says they are really loud at idle. The drone is no big deal as its only in the 1800-2000 and 2600-2900 range and thats easy enough to stay out of if you want to.
My wife reads a book and talks on her cell on long drives no problem.

Last edited by briann510; 09-13-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Poolman1
Advanced

Originally Posted by briann510
In my opinion the Bullets are not super loud unless at WOT. Anything other than WOT and they just sound kinda popping almost like glasspack sounding on a lowriders car. They sound awesome WOT at each shift point but I hate the sound of them part throttle going through the gears. I either at less than 25% throttle shifting through the gears or 3/4+ otherwise I don't like the sound of them. In my case though I am generally pretty close to 3/4 in town driving shifting anyway so they always sound great. I happen to love the drone they make at the certain rpms and actually stay in that range sometimes. People that have been next to me on the freeway tell me its deafening to them driving beside me in the drone range.

They do not sound loud at idle. I have yet to figure out why everyone says they are really loud at idle. The drone is no big deal as its only in the 1800-2000 and 2600-2900 range and thats easy enough to stay out of if you want to.
My wife reads a book and talks on her cell on long drives no problem.
Do you think the idle would be bad with an A4? what x pipe if any did you use?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poolman1
Do you think the idle would be bad with an A4? what x pipe if any did you use?
I'm stock from cat back forward. I have enough trouble with my 3 other race/street cars driven on the street and cops hassling me for illegal exhaust mods.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Poolman1
Advanced

Originally Posted by briann510
I'm stock from cat back forward. I have enough trouble with my 3 other race/street cars driven on the street and cops hassling me for illegal exhaust mods.
Thanks for your help everyone, I have book a time with Mid America at the corvette Funfest next week to have some B&B's fitted I can then make up my mind on the day
Old 09-13-2007, 06:04 PM
silver01z06
Instructor

i have the prt's. i like them. if the bullets are louder i would not like them.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:27 PM
trussme
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My 2 cents

I have B&B PRTs...and Bass' X pipe...cause it's the most efficient X pipe. PRTs are loud when you wantem to be...Bullits are always loud. PRTs are a good compromise. Suggest you visit B&B's web site...they have a Test Scenario you can use to listen to the differences of all 3 of their systems: Rt66...PRT..Bullits...there is also a SPL ratings chart for each, showing idle/cruise & WOT sound levels....just like auditioning loudspeakers for the home...you gotta listen...and chose what sounds best to you. Don't buy on what you read...buy on what you hear.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Vette-Red
Racer

I've had both. The first clip is of the bullets and the second one is with the prt's. Hope this helps.

Page down until you see the audio clips, mine is the first one.(bullets)
http://www.velocitycorvette.com/index.php?paged=5

This is the prt's.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...240134f5b4.htm
Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Poolman1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vette-Red
I've had both. The first clip is of the bullets and the second one is with the prt's. Hope this helps.

Page down until you see the audio clips, mine is the first one.(bullets)
http://www.velocitycorvette.com/index.php?paged=5

This is the prt's.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...240134f5b4.htm
Originally Posted by trussme
I have B&B PRTs...and Bass' X pipe...cause it's the most efficient X pipe. PRTs are loud when you wantem to be...Bullits are always loud. PRTs are a good compromise. Suggest you visit B&B's web site...they have a Test Scenario you can use to listen to the differences of all 3 of their systems: Rt66...PRT..Bullits...there is also a SPL ratings chart for each, showing idle/cruise & WOT sound levels....just like auditioning loudspeakers for the home...you gotta listen...and chose what sounds best to you. Don't buy on what you read...buy on what you hear.
thanks to all, they all sound good! will listen to them at the show before I buy
Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 PM
TAZZVETTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by Poolman1
thanks, I would like louder than stock, don't want any drone. - I forgot to say they car is an auto.

Tazzvette any reason why you went for the Bassani x over others?
My buddy has a muffler shop and he has had very good luck with the Bassani x-pipe installs. Many of his Corvette customers swear by them and that's reason enough for my choice Good luck on whatever you choose

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Exhaust Bullet or PRT?

Quick Reply: B&B Exhaust Bullet or PRT?