C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Problem, NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
elctron02
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlight Problem, NEED HELP

Heres the story. One day my headlights would not go up. Finally after many tries, they did. Played around with them but the driver side light would go up and continue to click b/c the motor was still rotating. then when down samething happens. they go down and continue to click for a few seconds...motor is still rotating.

so I thought it was the Control Module under the pass side light. I replaced it from GMparts direct. Installed it today but the samething happens. goes up and continue to rotate the motor and goes down and continues to rotating the motor for a few sec. the clicking are the gears inside the motor. ONLY on Driver side.. Pass side is fine!

so, do i need a new motor, or is it something else? the motor rotates longer than it should.

Please help!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Jboger2K
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like gear replacement time. There is a great post on the general general discussion on how to diys. I just did my driver side.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:39 PM
elctron02
Instructor

I checked the gears. they are fine... does the motor need a load on it to work right

Originally Posted by Jboger2K
Sounds like gear replacement time. There is a great post on the general general discussion on how to diys. I just did my driver side.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:18 PM
elctron02
Instructor

disregard last statement. I took apart the motor again. gear is worn in 2 spots. Just order brass gear. hopefully that is the case. if not, i will be on again. thanks all

Originally Posted by elctron02
I checked the gears. they are fine... does the motor need a load on it to work right
Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 PM
'VETTE PHASE
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by elctron02
disregard last statement. I took apart the motor again. gear is worn in 2 spots. Just order brass gear. hopefully that is the case. if not, i will be on again. thanks all
How did you take the motors apart twice? I assume your car is an '02 because of your username. Only the '97-early 2000's had gear housings made from aluminum that came apart with bolts. The late 2000's-'04s have plastic gear housings that epoxy together.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:45 PM
elctron02
Instructor

I first took apart the motor (main body) and looked in while rotating the gear. looked fine..however I then disconnected the plastic today.. gear is now worn.....

Originally Posted by 2000C-5
How did you take the motors apart twice? I assume your car is an '02 because of your username. Only the '97-early 2000's had gear housings made from aluminum that came apart with bolts. The late 2000's-'04s have plastic gear housings that epoxy together.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight Problem, NEED HELP

Quick Reply: Headlight Problem, NEED HELP