C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
kg54trains
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wiper motor replacement

I have been successful with removing both wiper blades, removing the cowel, but the wiper transmission has not come off the motor. I was able to remove the transmission and wiper motor as one unit but after removing the single center screw, that is on top of the transmission, the unit is still firmly attached. Does the transmission need to be postioned in a certain way that will free the unit from the motor? or Do we have the same problem as with the wiper blades and a big force will be needed to remove the unit from the motor. I am placing a remanufactured new motor in the vehicle. Using a remanufactured unit through Auto Zone and Cardone.

Any help would be appreciated. My next step is to my mechanic so I don't keep losing summer days to ride the car and The Carlislie show is coming at the end of the month. The reverse proceedure will be easier but the wiper transmission has me stumped.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 12:17 PM
kg54trains
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kg54trains
I have been successful with removing both wiper blades, removing the cowel, but the wiper transmission has not come off the motor. I was able to remove the transmission and wiper motor as one unit but after removing the single center screw, that is on top of the transmission, the unit is still firmly attached. Does the transmission need to be postioned in a certain way that will free the unit from the motor? or Do we have the same problem as with the wiper blades and a big force will be needed to remove the unit from the motor. I am placing a remanufactured new motor in the vehicle. Using a remanufactured unit through Auto Zone and Cardone.

Any help would be appreciated. My next step is to my mechanic so I don't keep losing summer days to ride the car and The Carlislie show is coming at the end of the month. The reverse proceedure will be easier but the wiper transmission has me stumped.

Thanks
Working on my car that is A 98 Coupe

Quick Reply: Wiper motor replacement