C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:17 PM
jerry1298
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Help?

I am buying a 1998 c5 with original tires - they are hard and need replacing. Can anyone help me select a brand of good tires for this car?
Jerry1298
Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want non-runflats, get Goodyear GS-D3s, they are great in wet and rate as best handling (but they are summer tires).

If you want runflats a lot of people switch from Goodyears to:

1) Michelin runflats are all-season, probably best for Vermont if you drive in winter.

2) Firestones

3) Kumha's (sp)
Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
jarsdad1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Oldvetter
If you want non-runflats, get Goodyear GS-D3s, they are great in wet and rate as best handling (but they are summer tires).

If you want runflats a lot of people switch from Goodyears to:

1) Michelin runflats are all-season, probably best for Vermont if you drive in winter.

2) Firestones

3) Kumha's (sp)
But there are many others. Do a search;there are plenty of threads to further confuse you.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 AM
orpha
Heel & Toe

Default tire help

hey jerry
tires are like women. some like red heads,some like blonds, some like brunetts. same for fat and skinny. you can't have your cake and eat it
too with tires. it's a trade off, traction,performance,road noise, weather, price etc. and o.e. run flats.

in my 03 roadster there wasn't enough volumn to hear the radio at 75 mph, all tho with 25k on the odo . i decided to re rubberize. my bottom concern was quietness and ride and went with kumo ast,s

am i happy? you bet

35 year michelin,goodyear dealer... buy a meyers repair kit, comes with plugs, glue,tools and 2 co2 bottles

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Help?

Quick Reply: Tire Help?