C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hvac blower

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
JOHN MOORE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hvac blower

The hvac blower on my '00 A4 has been squealing lately. I have read other posts about debris in the fan, so I pulled the motor/fan assembly out yesterday (actually my son did, as my back gave out after a few minutes). I only found 3 small leaves in the fan, and everything looked fairly clean. Is there any way to lubricate this assembly?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
JPCCDD
Racer

in the bottom center of the fan there is a metal shaft. it tends to rust over in my brothers C5. A small spray of wd-40 and your squeel will be gone for a couple days to a week.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,584 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

It all depends on the year C5 you have. On the early C5's the end bearing/bushing is inside of a housing. I had to drill a very small hole in the end of the housing to get oil in the bushing. On my 02, it was as easy as spraying some WD in the shaft and bushing.

BC
Old 05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I was having a squeek problem as well in my '99 and decided to replace the blower fan. What amazed me when I got the old one out was how much water much have seeped into it from earlier clogged drain tubes. The whole think was rusted pretty bad. The good news if you have to replace it it's an easy swap out.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 AM
JOHN MOORE
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
It all depends on the year C5 you have. On the early C5's the end bearing/bushing is inside of a housing. I had to drill a very small hole in the end of the housing to get oil in the bushing. On my 02, it was as easy as spraying some WD in the shaft and bushing.

BC
My car is an early 2000, built in Aug, 1999...is there anyway to remove the fan from the motor to lub? I've sprayed a little WD-40 onto the shaft, but it was hard to get in there without getting anything on the motor windings (there are 3 holes in the motor housing, I covered them with painter's tape.)

Get notified of new replies

To hvac blower

Quick Reply: hvac blower