C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake warning light on during hard acceleration C4C5 tech? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 05:46 PM
MJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake warning light on during hard acceleration C4C5 tech? Anyone?

During hard acceleration my brake warning light comes on. The red one on the dash that comes on when you use the E brake. It comes on as the car squats under acceleration and you are getting pinned to the seat and goes off as soon as you let off the gas and car settles forward again.

The E brake was fully down and I cycled it just to make sure and even activated and deactivated TC/AH but problem remained. I pulled the following codes.

A0- B2282 H
B2284 H

A1- 2283 H
2285 H

A couple of weeks ago I replaced the brake pads and replaced and bled the brake fluid. I removed as much fluid as possible (without letting the system go dry and get air with a turkey baster) and replaced it with Ford Heavy duty brake fluid. I have not had any problems subsequently and it accelerates and brakes just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Modified by MJM, 4:52 PM 10/8/2001]
Old 10-08-2001, 06:45 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Brake warning light on during hard acceleration C4C5 tech? Anyone? (MJM)

It may sound stupid did you check the level you may have a leak. It happen to me. 300 miles and it would be low.

Quick Reply: Brake warning light on during hard acceleration C4C5 tech? Anyone?