C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla or corsa

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:35 AM
c5joey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default borla or corsa

which of the these two exhaust sounds better borla stingers or corsa pacer both being cat back thanks for the input
Old 01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
ArKay99
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've owned both. On a purely stock car they were about equal. The Corsa's were not as deep as the Stingers. After my mods the Corsa's got much higher pitched and even sounded like and Indy car. I have the Stingers on now and like them except for some drone between 1500 and 1900 rpm's on the highyway. However, I have a lot of mods.
----
As far as which one sounds better... That is a very subjective question. It's all a matter of personal taste. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. The best advice I can give is what was given to me here. Find someone with one of the exhausts and ride in their car and see for yourself.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Bunk930
Instructor

2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Try this site.
http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.36.6602 or try this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1581722

Last edited by Bunk930; 01-13-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ArKay99
I've owned both. On a purely stock car they were about equal. The Corsa's were not as deep as the Stingers. After my mods the Corsa's got much higher pitched and even sounded like and Indy car. I have the Stingers on now and like them except for some drone between 1500 and 1900 rpm's on the highyway. However, I have a lot of mods.
----
As far as which one sounds better... That is a very subjective question. It's all a matter of personal taste. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. The best advice I can give is what was given to me here. Find someone with one of the exhausts and ride in their car and see for yourself.
I've had both too, and the Borlas had too much drone. I love the Corsa Indies...no drone and they bark with your foot in it.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Depends....My brother had the corsa's and i have the borlas. I wanted the deep throaty sound so i got the borla's (with a cam and headers) and my brother wanted a more mellow sound, but they sounded great at WOT so he went with the corsa. Its all personal preference.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You'll need to hear them for yourself! Nobody can tell you which sounds better, you'll only get one mans opinion!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Tex_Vette
Just Passin' Thru

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was trying to decide on which cat back system to buy (back in '99), one of my buddies had gotten ahold of an audio CD that had several different exhausts recorded at idle, WOT, drive-by, etc.

I borrowed the CD and played it on the home theater system for long enough to annoy the wife - then decided that the Corsa Indy was the system for me. I have not heard that many others in person, but I've never regretted my choice either.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:43 PM
caleb
Instructor

I have the borla stingers and I can tell you they are loud on a stock engine, but I had longtubes and cam installed and it doubled. It's really loud, but I love it.

I listened to audio clips before I bought, but it's nothing compared to listening to the real thing.

I would highly suggest listening to both in person if possible.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
mitchcole
Drifting

I have the corsa pace car. They sound great on the throttle - but the idle sucks and they are higher pitched. The borlas are much deeper tone and have a great sound across the board. Having said that, I would never install them because the drone on the highway would drive me nuts.

The corsas are truely quiet at light throttle on the highway though. The tires make more noise.

If that's the path you choose, if there's any doubt - get the pace car version of the exhaust.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:19 AM
KidCid
Burning Brakes

CI 7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by mitchcole
I have the corsa pace car. They sound great on the throttle - but the idle sucks and they are higher pitched. The borlas are much deeper tone and have a great sound across the board. Having said that, I would never install them because the drone on the highway would drive me nuts.

The corsas are truely quiet at light throttle on the highway though. The tires make more noise.

If that's the path you choose, if there's any doubt - get the pace car version of the exhaust.
Even with headers, at 70 mph my runflats are still louder than my Corsas. Until I step on it that is.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
CC Rider
Instructor

Originally Posted by c5joey
which of the these two exhaust sounds better borla stingers or corsa pacer both being cat back thanks for the input
Old 01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CC Rider
....FWIW - I personally like the Borlas better.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Go Corsa Touring.....after headers they will be purrfect...heard em and headin for em!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
jtkeller
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

I loved my borlas when I had them on my stock car. After adding headers, I loved them even more... except for the drone. If they didn't drone, I'd probably hang on to them. The borlas are definitely a deeper tone than the higher pitched corsas.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a set of Borla's. The 'drone' that everybody talks about, doesn't bother me one bit. My runflats make more noise than my Borla's.

I've listened to a friend's 02' Z06 with an MTI X1 cam and Borla's dynoing 429rwhp. It sounds so sick, it's what made me get mine. It really is all about personal preferences.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:40 PM
nlreb54
Advanced

Corsas sound great. I have them with LG Tubes and high flow cats.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
mojo1
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Originally Posted by nlreb54
Corsas sound great. I have them with LG Tubes and high flow cats.
Good to know , I pulling my GHLs in the morning and going with the Corsa, the drone is too much for me after the headers, cam....

Get notified of new replies

To borla or corsa

Old 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
mojo1
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Originally Posted by CC Rider
............... ..............................
Old 02-02-2007, 09:44 AM
JD's C5
Melting Slicks

I have had both. Currently I have the Corsa Indy. They both sound great on acceleration but at cruising the Borla droned to much for me so I went to the Corsa. I just didn't care to listen to the drone noise for 200 miles. They are both great exhausts but depends on what you want to hear and how much of the time you want to hear it.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Here's my take... recently finished my G5-X2 cam install and that kicked the drone from the Borlas up to a new level. Swapped out to Corsa Indy's.

I've had my Stingers on the car for over 3 years, but they have proven to be too loud and have too much drone since installing my G5-X2 cam last week. Stingers alone are amazing and w/ headers are even better, the drone is rather mild, but the cam has taken it to a new headache inducing and trim rattling level.

A few days ago I made a thread addressing people swapping catbacks after motor work. Most people were of the consensus that the stock Ti was still too quiet and the way to go was Corsa or GHL. So... last night I was shopping for said Corsa and GHL only to be disgusted that they were $1200 and $1000 systems. Plus, Corsa doesn't make any round twin tip designs for the C5 and that's what I prefer.

Well today I go over to GBVettes shop to help out w/ his car and start chatting about how I'm having a hard time making an exhaust decision (I had just smoked a civic in the downtown tunnel and the Borlas w/ cam in the tunnel was pure sex)... I say something like "I really wish they made Corsas in 2-tips" and Gary's just playing along... then he gets up goes to his back room and comes back holding some mufflers, "Hey... I bet if Corsa made some twin tip Indys they'd look something like this... " There he was standing w/ a set of customized Indy's w/ the outer tips cut off and welded up!!!! He had made them to fit his Tigershark rear bumper, but got some GHLs a bit ago.

Imagine... day dreaming about 2-tip corsas last night... an exhaust that doesn't exist... and now they're on my car

They have a far better tone than the stingers ever did. The Borlas may be a smidge louder, but that's it... they're just loud and bassy and droning after the cam... I didn't know what I was missing. Corsas claim of "enhancing the good sounds and cancelling out the bad ones" is right on the dot. Funny thing is that I never really liked Corsas because of the motorboat gugle at idle... but that doesn't translate w/ a cam in the car.

The Indy's have a far more exotic tuned sound that just rips at WOT. Kooks + G5-X2 + Indy's = Pure Exotic Power.

I was rolling on the highway tonight to the local car hanout w/ 3 SRT-4s, one KB Cobra, a bunch of F-bodys and a few vettes... afterwards multiple people went out of their way to let me know how incredible the car sounded.... that never happened w/ the stingers.

Oh... best of all.... NO DRONE!!! The damn things are deat quiet at cruise... which is a far far far departure from the Borlas which post-cam were rattling the interior loose. Don't get me wrong, before the cam the Stingers were amazing... but man do I love the new sound. The only downside is weight... they're heavy, but that's ok

Quick Reply: borla or corsa