C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 06:39 PM
VetteOnSHINE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles??

I know next to nothing about nitrous, but am thinking about getting a Nitrous Express 100 shot. I want as much safety as possible. How much for it including install? :cheers:
Old 09-30-2001, 06:48 PM
MattG
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I, II, III, IV & V Veteran
CI-I & II Auto-X Champ

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (VetteOnSHINE)

Our NX system with ALL of the bells and whistles is a bit over $1200. This includes bottle warmer, purge, bottle opener, rpm window switch, fuel pressure switch, blow down tube, etc.

We can also get you you the nifty new NX switch panel that fits right in the c5's ashtray.

Shoot me an email if you want more specific pricing or information.

Old 09-30-2001, 06:57 PM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (VetteOnSHINE)

John-

MattG is an excellent source.

If you want, email me and someday you, Tim, and I will get together and I can show you my N2O setup (NX like you're thinking about).
Old 09-30-2001, 07:18 PM
VetteOnSHINE
Racer

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (99HRDTP)

Mike,
Where did you get your intsall done? I am about to send in my check for both the GNOCC and the CCCC. So maybe we will run into each other in the very near future. :cheers:
Old 09-30-2001, 10:42 PM
Skeeter1
Drifting

Before you by the NX, look into TNT http://www.nitrous-power.com/
in my opinion their kits are much better quality, cost less, and make more power. :smash: :smash: :smash: TNT "Run one or follow one"
Old 09-30-2001, 11:02 PM
bruce1
Melting Slicks

Complete set up.... including the "Maximizer"
Ash tray insert component, warmer, all safety options, purge,
tank...............
$1700 stalks.................................. tax included.........
Installation is at least $1000 more.......................
but, you won't regret it.........
Good luck.
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

[Modified by bruce1, 7:09 PM 9/30/2001]
Old 09-30-2001, 11:07 PM
jetskifast
Melting Slicks

$1200 sounds like a great price for NX Express kit with all the bells and whistles.
Experienced installer, should take about 10 to 12 hours for complete kit install with all the bells and whistles. Install is fairly simple but time consuming.
NX Express makes some great N20 kits. Most of the C5 owners who use nitrous on this forum, use NX Express kits :cool:

[Modified by jetskifast, 9:16 PM 9/30/2001]
Old 10-01-2001, 05:47 AM
LovintheC5
Racer

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (jetskifast)

10-12 hrs???? I did mine myself in about 6 hours. Very easy to install. I dont have the NX kit, I have the NOS kit for the Fbody (dry). I will post some pics soon. I also drilled absolutely NO holes in any stock part. Only cut a small hole in the MTI ram air box, which if you need to take it off, you can just cover it with a small peice of black duct tape, since it isnt seen very easily. I mounted the bottle bracket onto the original CD changer bolts, and moved the CD changer over to the right side compartment (built a bracket to mount it on). Ran the line through a vent hole between the rear compartment and the inside of the fender, then it goes inside the body panel and comes out right under the brake master cylinder. The hardest part is getting the tach wire, since its under the passenger front fenderwell. I had a shop just run the one wire for me, i knew the guy, so no charge.

Daren

Old 10-01-2001, 06:07 AM
jetskifast
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (LovintheC5)

Daren
Are you saying you can install full Nitrous kit. With Bottle opener,Bottle Heater,Window switch, Electronic N20 activation switch, Fuel pressure safety switch, Purge solenoid. With all the proper fuses, along with switchs mounted in ash tray. In six hours :bs I have installed full NX Express N20 kits in two C5's. Clean install with all the proper electrical connections takes a min of 10+ hours.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:46 AM
ajrls
Pro

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (jetskifast)

[quote]$1200 sounds like a great price for NX Express kit with all the bells and whistles.
Experienced installer, should take about 10 to 12 hours for complete kit install with all the bells and whistles. Install is fairly simple but time consuming.
NX Express makes some great N20 kits. Most of the C5 owners who use nitrous on this forum, use NX Express kits :cool:
----------------------------
Agreed, did my own install and it took me 15 hours, believe I could do the next one in 10 to 12 now that I know where everything goes and how its routed and how to wire, You might want to check out john stewarts nitrous warehouse for the NX kit, Jeff

[Modified by ajrls, 9:47 AM 10/1/2001]
Old 10-01-2001, 04:57 PM
VetteOnSHINE
Racer

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (ajrls)

Thanks so far to all of those who have responded. I love how so many people here are so well versed on these things. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 10-01-2001, 06:22 PM
Skeeter1
Drifting

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (LovintheC5)

Thank you, I never paid more than $300 for complete install those paying more are getting shafted, this 5-6 hrs is by pro installers, I guess if you di it yourself the first or 2nd time it might take 12.anyway the TNT systems are much better :D
10-12 hrs???? I did mine myself in about 6 hours. Very easy to install. I dont have the NX kit, I have the NOS kit for the Fbody (dry). I will post some pics soon. I also drilled absolutely NO holes in any stock part. Only cut a small hole in the MTI ram air box, which if you need to take it off, you can just cover it with a small peice of black duct tape, since it isnt seen very easily. I mounted the bottle bracket onto the original CD changer bolts, and moved the CD changer over to the right side compartment (built a bracket to mount it on). Ran the line through a vent hole between the rear compartment and the inside of the fender, then it goes inside the body panel and comes out right under the brake master cylinder. The hardest part is getting the tach wire, since its under the passenger front fenderwell. I had a shop just run the one wire for me, i knew the guy, so no charge.

Daren
Old 10-01-2001, 06:39 PM
MattG
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I, II, III, IV & V Veteran
CI-I & II Auto-X Champ

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (Skeeter1)

Thank you, I never paid more than $300 for complete install those paying more are getting shafted, this 5-6 hrs is by pro installers, I guess if you di it yourself the first or 2nd time it might take 12.anyway the TNT systems are much better :D
Skeeter, you seem to be really adamant that the TNT kits are so much higher quality and better than the NX's. Can you describe some of the technical details which make TNT so much better?

Old 10-01-2001, 10:56 PM
LovintheC5
Racer

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (Skeeter1)

Exactly skeeter, I was quoted $300 bucks for an install by a very reputable shop that charges $57 per hour...you figure the math..I decided it wasnt that hard, so i did it myself, since i had installed and taken off the truck i had previously 3 times to take to the dealer. Yes, the first time is harder, but once you know where all the wires are supposed to go, its not that hard.

Daren

Old 10-02-2001, 12:15 AM
jetskifast
Melting Slicks

Skeeter1
Please post shop phone number who will professionally install nitrous system with Bottle heater, Bottle opener, Bottle blow off tube, Purge solenoid, Window switch, electronic activation switch, all switchs located in dash, with all electrical wires and N20 line hidden for $300.
Cheap Bare bone N20 kits like you have, can be installed in 5-6 hours.
For sombody who has no experience or knowlege of a proper full bells and whistles N20 kit install, why did you bother posting to this thread :confused:
Old 10-02-2001, 01:40 AM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt be happy with anyone who tried to install $1200 worth of NX kit in 6 hours. there's no way. to do a very high quality job, it will take 10-15hrs. I bought mine from NitrousWarehouse but had many problems. it took well over a month to get all my stuff + i didnt get everything i paid for+ some of the parts were sent to me in a sandwich baggy, were used and scuffed up like someone returned them then they got sold and sent to me. they were damaged so bad that the seats kept leaking due to scratches. the proprietor refused to make things right. oh well, life goes on. anyway, just wanted to share my experience.
Old 10-02-2001, 03:09 AM
whip383
Drifting

wow $300, I would have paid that instead of going through the many hours I did and with the help of many of you on this forum, esp. Jetskifast, who helped me out the most. There are so many people here that have done it now and our willing to help us out, get it, and do it urself. Good Luck.

Chan :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles??

Old 10-02-2001, 03:19 AM
VetteOnSHINE
Racer

Default Re: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles?? (rwj383)

:boxing
this is exactly why I like posting here. No matter what, it seems like the facts come out in the end. This forum rocks :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 10-02-2001, 05:52 PM
Chris@SD
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$300 seems pretty cheap for all the bells and whistles... I know people that do installs out of their home garages that charge more than that. Granted, it is some of the cleanest installs I have seen, but still...
Old 10-03-2001, 06:07 AM
BigTed
Instructor

Skeeter1
What shop did you use in the Miami area? I have been quoted over $1000 for full Nitrous install with all the add on's.
Ted

Quick Reply: How much $$$ for a NX system with ALL the bells and whistles??