C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Solved Electrical Problem

Old 10-27-2006, 12:55 AM
wheeljo2
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Finally Solved Electrical Problem

After a couple weeks of troubleshooting my electrical system from the battery, to the altenator, to the chassis grounds, to finally the problem, a continuous draw on the battery from the RH headlight lamp motor relay? Has anyone else encountered this before? It is a black box about 4" x 6" with two plug in connectors. One connection has 5 prongs labeled A, B, C, D, E and the other connector has 4 prongs lableled A, B, C, and D. Also has the work GUIDE stamped on top. Anybody know how much this part is from GM and how difficult it is to obtain? I don't see any part #'s on it? It is not the headlight motor itself.

Last edited by wheeljo2; 10-27-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
chris308
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

I believe so. I remember reading here that someone almost had a fire start because the relay was stuck on and was burning the wires. The owner saw smoke and everything... kinda scarey!!

If theres no part # i would just take it down there and see if they can match it up!!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Call Gene Culley
Director of Internet parts sales
Fred Beans of Limerick, Pa
40 Auto Park Boulevard
Limerick, Pa 19468
gculley@fredbeans.com

Call Gene, mention the CF and you are a memeber...Make sure you have your VIN # handy, he will ask you for it... explain you cant find a Part number.. You are under no obligation, but you wont find a better deal, Gene is Honest and works hard for our business... he sponsors the C5 general Forum so you and I do not have to pay to be here...

Good Luck
Bill aka Evil-Twin
Old 10-27-2006, 11:46 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Its right around 160 bucks from Fred Beans.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:48 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeljo2
After a couple weeks of troubleshooting my electrical system from the battery, to the altenator, to the chassis grounds, to finally the problem, a continuous draw on the battery from the RH headlight lamp motor relay? Has anyone else encountered this before? It is a black box about 4" x 6" with two plug in connectors. One connection has 5 prongs labeled A, B, C, D, E and the other connector has 4 prongs lableled A, B, C, and D. Also has the work GUIDE stamped on top. Anybody know how much this part is from GM and how difficult it is to obtain? I don't see any part #'s on it? It is not the headlight motor itself.
What problems was it causing? Was it blowing fuses?

Get notified of new replies

To Finally Solved Electrical Problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally Solved Electrical Problem