C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinker/flasher Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:40 PM
racerguyz28
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blinker/flasher Problems

Ok first of all all my blinker lights/emergency lights are in working order I also checked the fuses and they are ok. Now here is the problem, when i turn on my blinker it will not work. it only does this sometimes but to get it to work i have to hit the emergeny lights to get them to turn on. Also when i turn on my emergency lights i have the same problem i have to hold the switch in to get them to stay on. i think it might be the flasher. But i dont know where it is located. It sounds like it is built into the emergency light button. Does anybody know how to replace this or have any suggestions.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

The flasher controls both the hazard and the turn signal blinking function. The flasher is right behind and actually connected to the hazard button. To get it out involves removing interior parts and the radio. Do a search on "turn signals" in the tech section and you'll soon come across an excellent write up with pictures showing you how to do the fix. My flasher is on order from Beans right now. Until then just keep punching the hazard button every time you need to make a turn.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You didn'tmention whether or not your brake lights worked or not, so I assume they do. The reason I mention this, is that a few years ago when I first purchased the car (so the details are fuzzy) my blinker and brakes lights stopped working. The bulbs were are good, and I belive the flashers would turn on. It turned out to be a bad turn signal, which apparently was a very common issue with the C5
Old 10-14-2006, 12:58 PM
oby1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTTLE FED
You didn'tmention whether or not your brake lights worked or not, so I assume they do. The reason I mention this, is that a few years ago when I first purchased the car (so the details are fuzzy) my blinker and brakes lights stopped working. The bulbs were are good, and I belive the flashers would turn on. It turned out to be a bad turn signal, which apparently was a very common issue with the C5

Same here. Sounds llike the turn signal switch problem I had a few years back.

Get notified of new replies

To Blinker/flasher Problems

Quick Reply: Blinker/flasher Problems