C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat will not go up or down??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:32 AM
rob&dalevance
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat will not go up or down??

Both passenger and driver seats will not go up or down, and the passenger seat also will not go back unless you give it a good push first. I wanna guess that the motors are shot. Anyone have an idea of a first step to trouble shoot this one?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by rob&dalevance
Both passenger and driver seats will not go up or down, and the passenger seat also will not go back unless you give it a good push first. I wanna guess that the motors are shot. Anyone have an idea of a first step to trouble shoot this one?
My seats didnt want to go up or down at first...i had push the up button 15-20 times for a half a second each time before the motors broke loose and now the seats work fine. Try getting them to move, if you can get them to move, take them all the way up and all the way down to get things lubricated.

Not sure about the back and forth problem, but these tracks are known for the rocking fore and back problem and it might have something to do with it.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:52 PM
tsts
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The other possibility is that the plastic clevis rods driven by the up/down motors have broken (they can't be purchased). To check this you would have to remove a seat and flip it over and look underneath. I hope it is just something you can work out with the switch like posted above, if not, check the parts I mentioned. (email sent to you)
Old 09-12-2006, 02:44 PM
rob&dalevance
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I will give those a try just as soon as I get home in about 2 months or so.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat will not go up or down??

Quick Reply: Seat will not go up or down??