C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doors don't unlock!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
magred C5
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors don't unlock!

I own a 2001 with only 10K on it. The passenger door was failing to open by FOB or by both interior open buttons in 2004. This year the drivers door fails to open by either method. Every thing else on the doors work by button or FOB. No codes are present and you can hear the clicking in the doors (DCM?) but will not open. This is embrassing to always use a key for entry. Help!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Navsafe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2003 vert, left window would not go up and then noticed left door would not lock or unlock. Just got word from the dealer that a circuit board has a fault and needs to be replaced. Car has 14K and went out of warranty, fortunatly I purchased extended warranty plan.

Goood Luck
Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM
steponc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

My driver door would not lock with the fob or lock button. The control board was fried, and was replaced under extended warranty.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:17 PM
alanh
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to clean the contacts in the door lock relay's, or replace the relay's, about $5 each. Search the forum, there's a big thread on this.

Get notified of new replies

To Doors don't unlock!

Quick Reply: Doors don't unlock!