C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Code: P0410?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:31 PM
JoeZ
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine Code: P0410?

P0410 - AIR System

I read this has to do with the emissions system, but how do I diagnosis this and fix it?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
ArKay99
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A quick look here may help. P0410help
Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

One of the nice things about the Z06 is that with the wide torque band and lower gears, you can actually drive your car using only 4th gear (since you obviously don't want to take it into your dealer).
Old 07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
JoeZ
Pro

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
One of the nice things about the Z06 is that with the wide torque band and lower gears, you can actually drive your car using only 4th gear (since you obviously don't want to take it into your dealer).
I don't quite understand your reply.

I'll read those z06forum posts and see what I come up with. Any other input is appreciated!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I just had mine tuned out (turned off).
Old 07-22-2006, 02:59 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

You can ignore that code. I have it perpetually on my Chevy pickup due to an air pump malfunction. It does not affect performance at all. Also, in NJ we have emissions inspection that plugs into the OBDII port and the truck still passes.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:29 AM
tripod5
Advanced

First thing i did when i got the code, was to get close to the front drivers side of the car and listen to hear if the pump is running. You will be able to hear it. It makes a whining sound. If you do not hear it, then it can be your pump relay. If you do hear it, then what i did next was dissconnect the output hose that attaches to the manifold and feel for air. If you do feel air, then it is a problem with you check valves and they are stuck. If you dont feel air coming out (like me) and you still hear the pump running, then that means your pump solonoid is not opening up. Depending on the year of your vette, your solonoid can either be built into the pump or for later years its near the battery tray. Mine was built into the pump. But before you check the solonoid, check the solonoid relay because if the relay isnt working then it will not let the air flow........which was my problem. It was a simple relay. Hope this helped you. I did process of elimination.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:13 PM
masterchiefbt
Intermediate

I had the same code and took it to dealer cause I kept resetting the "check engine" light and it would come back on next day right after start up. Come to find out the dealer found that the previous owner must have had a leaking battery and the acid ate through all the vacuum lines that run below the battery box. I was having A/C problems and the vacuum line that controls the air doors was shut an unable to open with no vacuum. There is a vacuum line that interfaces with this air pump and you too may have a problem there also. Just food for thought when troubleshooting..GOOD LUCK!

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Code: P0410?

Quick Reply: Engine Code: P0410?