C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Header craped out on me tonight WTH???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Awesome service Lou
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (12-04-2018)
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Billdog350
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nuke is right....I've seen "high grade" stainless "rust".....but it doesn't rust at the same rate as plain steel. It depends on the conditions the stuff was exposed to. If you drive your vehicle in sale water every day...expect it to rust to some degree even if its stainless.

Usually its just surface oxidation on stainless...whereas steel usually has big flaking and pitting.
CorvetteBrent (11-29-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 10:46 AM
LG Motorsports

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
I purchased my LG LT PRO headers brand new from LG a few months ago right at the time of when someone posted having about a similar problem with them. This DID NOT alter my decision about my purchase and after I saw how Lou solved that problem, made me a believer. I am glad that I have the best headers available on my car and also peace of mind about the customer service
i know this is a really old thread but it shows the great lengths that we go to when our customer satisfaction is at stake. This was back when Borla was making our headers and the air tube was an issue.
We have gone through a few suppliers since then but the common denominator is our SELF IMPOSED quality control that we demand.
Yes, some of our parts are made in China just like this iPad I am typing on. The key to the iPad is that Apple demands high quality like we do.
The fact is that our C7s have almost 35% Chinese content in them today. It is the quality control AND HOW THE COMPANY STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS that counts.

At LG Motorsports, we value our customers and we stand behind our products because they have our name on them.

Thanks to all who have been loyal customers. 👍

Lou Gigliotti
LGMotorsports.
​​​​​​​972-429-1963

lou Gigliotti
The following 3 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
bigsapper (11-30-2018), CorvetteBrent (11-29-2018), Robrote (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 01:59 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by InSaNeKaMeL
funny that i see this... I have LG pro headers, iv'e been having an exhaust leak and took it to a shop yesterday.. get it up on the lift and see there is a 1/4 hole right were one of the support things was welded to the collectors.. the weld broke right off and took a lil bit of the header.. im kinda pissed about it.. but it looks like someone could just reweld it since its in eyes view and accesable... I am not happy.

-Steve-

I had a set of the LG LT’s on my Z06 when I bought it. They had a “tear” at that location. I had it welded, and it broke some time later again. I did have them bolted in place like they should have been. I rewelded them again but did not bolt them down. Didn’t break again. Ended up selling them for a set of Stailess Works 1 7/8 setup catless and a LG big 3 exhaust.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:02 PM
LG Motorsports

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Yes we have a new manufacturer since way back when. We even had Stainless works make our pipes and X pipe back then. funny how that works

We have a much better supplier now and they make what we demand. But we always have guaranteed them for as long as you have the car and in some cases to the second buyer.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
Old 11-28-2018, 02:32 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Yes we have a new manufacturer since way back when. We even had Stainless works make our pipes and X pipe back then. funny how that works

We have a much better supplier now and they make what we demand. But we always have guaranteed them for as long as you have the car and in some cases to the second buyer.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
i wasn’t meaning to imply stailess works was better or anything. The LG LTs performed awesome, but the previous owner crushed a tube. And I wanted 1 7/8 over 1 3/4ths. The stailess works was within my budget at the time.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:08 PM
billymz28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my egr tube capped off on my American racing headers and it broke off. I just had it welded the headers were second hand so doubt I could warranty. It looked just like your hole.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:10 PM
billymz28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chalky
Saw this happen on another set of LG headers. Lou stood behind them.
Just curious but if hole is on top, could they be welded up while on the car?
yes mine was welded on my car
LG Motorsports (12-04-2018)

Quick Reply: LG Header craped out on me tonight WTH???