C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger power seat wiring install

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Heretic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger power seat wiring install

I have the wires and connector from a donor harness, how do I go about installing?

Also does anyone know how long it takes for new sport seat foam to set? Mine are somewhat uncomfortable.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Jacki&GeneZ16
Instructor

Default Sport Seat Foam Settling, Not

For your ZO6 with sport seats and new foam:
The aftermarket foam is likely denser and will not settle, at least not with my 185 lbs for 2 years and 6K miles. I used Corvette America replacement foam and skins in my 87 C4 Roadster. The support from the aftermarket foam is fantastic, I can cruise for 2 hours without adjusting the lumbar etc and the leather quality is much better than original.

With the sport seat down all the way, at 6'1" I don't have enough head room with the top up, I even have a problem with the visor when the top is down. I disconnected springs under the seat bottom cushions, that don't help lower it significantly. My solution and possibly yours is to have an upholster cut off the bottom of the seat foam about an inch or 2.

The ZO6 part, Jacki is not a bonus size Baby Boomer that the C5 was created to accommodate, so when she is pushing through autocross turns she has too much room to slide, and bruises on her knees. Her shoulders are not board enough to "pick up" shoulder harnesses from around the side of her ZO6/base seat. Solution harness, harness bar and used sport seats from a C5. I don't have the seats yet, but I anticipate we will find it a challenge to wire in the passenger sport seat, since her ZO6 doesn't have a wire harness ready.

Any suggestions to prepare for our use of the sport seats will be appreciated; also, is the wire harness under the driver sport seat different from the wire harness under her stock ZO6/base seat? Thanks!
Old 04-16-2006, 02:18 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

send me an email and I'll send you a write up on how to wire to the factory box in the passenger footwell

you could just get creative and find a power source, but I chose to wire it the way GM would have (a good thing in this case, I think)
Old 05-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Jacki&GeneZ16
Instructor

Default Wiring Instructions Still Needed

I am still looking for help to wire in the sport seats in place of the ZO6/Base Seats. NealB must be unavailable since he has not replied to my email. His last post was Apr 29.

It would be deeply appreciated if someone would send an email to me to show how to wire to the factory box in the passenger footwell or a good alternative. I would like to wire it the way GM would have.

Thanks! Gene

Last edited by Jacki&GeneZ16; 05-13-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Gene

I have sent instructions twice to the email you provided

even sent a message with no attachment as a test

check your spam filter or give me another address

don't know why they haven't gone thru

didn't get a bounce back on my end
Old 05-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Jacki&GeneZ16
Instructor

Default Wiring & Foam

WIRING:
Thanks NealB for the link to the photos, they look great! I may have questions.

I am not sure why your earlier emails did not get through to me. The back up email in my reply to your PM should not be a problem. I appreciate your extra effort, thanks again.

FOAM:
Heretic, I just had the upholstery shop cut out 0.75 inch off the bottoom of the seats that got new foam and skins two years ago. My view and seating height has improved. I'll need to take it out on the road for a 2 hour drive, then I'll know if there is a compromise on comfort.

Last edited by Jacki&GeneZ16; 05-14-2006 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger power seat wiring install

Quick Reply: Passenger power seat wiring install