C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel door won't close

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:21 AM
widewheel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Fuel door won't close

It's a small problem but none the less here goes. I filled up yesterday and after tried to close the fuel filler door. I noticed the latch had not returned to the catch position. I tried tapping the hex with no result. I opened the trunk (it is a 2002 convertible) and tried the manual fuel door release cable, still nothing. When I press the fuel door release button I can hear the solonoid click but the latch will not come back out. How do you change out one of these latch assemblies?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Bob Held
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hppe this helps

I was having the same problem intermittenly for several months in my '99 coupe. The solution for me was a couple sprays of WD40 on the locking pin and sveral pushes on the release... That was bout 3 months ago and no more probs. I hope it is as easy for you
Old 03-01-2019, 02:48 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Held
I was having the same problem intermittenly for several months in my '99 coupe. The solution for me was a couple sprays of WD40 on the locking pin and sveral pushes on the release... That was bout 3 months ago and no more probs. I hope it is as easy for you
My gas door was stuck, this man's trick did the dead.
Needless to say , I love this forum

Thank you so much

-FruiTay

Last edited by FruiTay; 03-01-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel door won't close

Quick Reply: Fuel door won't close