C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window nightmares!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Orbit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window nightmares!

Last week I had a problem with the drivers window. It wouldn't go down. Followed a link to the window techincal advice page. Removed door panel and beat on the motor 3 times before it started working normally. I washed the car after I got the window working. Yesterday my wife and I went to the store. Rolled the windows down and then up just to exercise the motors before leaving the garage. When we came back from out trip I tried to roll the windows down and then both windows would not operate. I thought I had not plugged one of the cables in so I took the drivers side door panel off again, but found no loose plugs. I beat on the motor with a small hammer and on the second time, it started working. Took the passenger door panel off and beat the motor 3 times before it started working. This is really a nightmare. Everytime I wash the car I am going to have to pull the door panels off and beat on the motors with a hammer.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Orbit
Last week I had a problem with the drivers window. It wouldn't go down. Followed a link to the window techincal advice page. Removed door panel and beat on the motor 3 times before it started working normally. I washed the car after I got the window working. Yesterday my wife and I went to the store. Rolled the windows down and then up just to exercise the motors before leaving the garage. When we came back from out trip I tried to roll the windows down and then both windows would not operate. I thought I had not plugged one of the cables in so I took the drivers side door panel off again, but found no loose plugs. I beat on the motor with a small hammer and on the second time, it started working. Took the passenger door panel off and beat the motor 3 times before it started working. This is really a nightmare. Everytime I wash the car I am going to have to pull the door panels off and beat on the motors with a hammer.
I had a similar problem back in the summer, it turned out to be a ground wire leading to the BCM. I'd have both your ground wires and BCM checked out.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Orbit
Advanced

Thanks,
I will check out the ground wires the next time they stop working. It doesn't make sense that a ground wire could cause this when all I have to do is beat on the window motor? I could see it if it was a loose wire in the motor since that is where I am beating.

Get notified of new replies

To Window nightmares!

Quick Reply: Window nightmares!