C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Side Window

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:46 AM
stromadd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Window Problem

I have a '00 coupe and my driver side window is starting to act up. There are times it'll go down and won't come back up. I'll wait a couple of seconds, turn the car off and back on and try it again and it'll roll back up. It'll work fine for awhile and then do it again. Is something going bad?

Last edited by stromadd; 02-06-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:28 PM
stromadd
Instructor

Anyone have similar problems? I can't find anything in a search.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:52 PM
DAWS C5
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

First I'd check the cabling from the door to the cab (thru the accordian). There's a connector (not sure of exact location) that can have a loose connection.

The other possibility is the left door control module (LDCM). Codes should be set if this is the problem. Someone knowledgable can verify if the LDCM is the problem.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:58 PM
turboc5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it make any grinding noises? Both of my window regulators went bad. The cable binds up in the motor. My drivers side completly broke and I could raise and lower the glass with my hand
Old 02-07-2006, 10:21 PM
alanh
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your relay is getting carboned up from the electrical arcing across the points. It will continously get worse until the relay won't run the window motor. There is a large post a while back where I describe how to open the relay and clean the contact points. Another member found a place to get new relay's for a few dollars to replace the bad ones on the door controle modules. Do some searching and you will find it.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
trussme
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stromadd
Anyone have similar problems? I can't find anything in a search.
Don't use "Search"..Go to the "Other" icon, click, go to TECH TIPS,then C5, then in the C5 Related Tech Tips, scroll down until you see your window sticking topic & follow that solution...it "may" solve your situation...
Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 AM
stromadd
Instructor

Thanks for the help
Old 02-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Orbit
Advanced

Default Driver window acting up

My 00 coupe drivers window will not go up or down. Stuck in the up position which I am thankful for. It acted up one time before but started working on it's own about a year ago. I tried the tech tip: hold down the down button while closing the door very hard several times to no avail. We don't drive the car very much (less than 25,00 miles in 6 years) due to it not being very dependable. It has left us stranded once before because of the steering column lock up. Took it in to the shop the next day with an article out of Covette Fever magazine that had noted 26,000 other Corvettes had the same problem with the steering column lock up and yet Chevrolet had not issued a recall. A few months later the recall was finally issued and the problem solved. This Vette has had more problems than any car I have ever owned and of course it is the most expensive. Yes, this is my last Big 3 American manufactured automobiles. The Big 3 still haven't figured it out. You have to build quality to keep your customers happy and to keep coming back. The raw power of a Corvette is exhilarating, but the trips to the shop are too often to keep me happy. I guess I will never stop paying for this car because it will always need repairs and maintenance unlike my Mom and Dad's 86 (20 year old) Camry that has over 212,000 miles on it and is now starting to smoke a little.
Now that is off my chest.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Orbit
Advanced

Default Driver window operating now

Looked up the Tech Tips as mentioned in this thread and got the window working. Removed the door panel, unplugged all connectors and reconnected them but it still didn't work. Took a small hammer and literaly beat on the motor. It didn't work the 1st and 2nd time, but on the third time I hit the motor really hard and it went down and now works like it is supposed to. Like I said in my previous post, I had the click but no movement so I did suspect a stuck motor which it turned out to be.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver Side Window

Quick Reply: Driver Side Window