C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Knob with Light Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:31 PM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shift **** with Light Install Question

Anyone ever install a shift **** that lights up when you turn on your headlights or parking lights (aka flameball)? I got a shift **** that says to locate the "cold wire" to the parking lights switch (or convenient counsel light). I'm wondering if anyone knows where this wire is located...I don't want to tear apart my steering column if I don't have to. Any suggestions/ideas...????
Old 12-30-2005, 01:31 AM
diviniti
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

I believe you can tap off of one of the wires going to the fog light switch. I have no clue which one though, possibly someone has a diagram showing
which it would be.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Oliver Sudden
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can tap into the Traction Control button right next to your shifter. The lights of the Traction Control switch are on the interior lights dimmer circuit. I wired mine that way about two years ago and don't have the wire colors to tie into off of the top of my head. Make sure that you put some protection around the wires because they move every time that you shift. I used some very small nylon spiral wire wrap. I just looked it up. I used the "How-To" section instructions at fixedroofcoupe.com. I connected the flameball lamp between the brown and the orange wires of the "Active Handling/Traction Control" switch.

HTH

OS

Last edited by Oliver Sudden; 12-30-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oliver Sudden
You can tap into the Traction Control button right next to your shifter. The lights of the Traction Control switch are on the interior lights dimmer circuit. I wired mine that way about two years ago and don't have the wire colors to tie into off of the top of my head. Make sure that you put some protection around the wires because they move every time that you shift. I used some very small nylon spiral wire wrap. I just looked it up. I used the "How-To" section instructions at fixedroofcoupe.com. I connected the flameball lamp between the brown and the orange wires of the "Active Handling/Traction Control" switch.

HTH

OS
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Get notified of new replies

To Shift Knob with Light Install Question

Quick Reply: Shift Knob with Light Install Question