C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tranny from RPM!! a few ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:37 AM
torchvette10
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New tranny from RPM!! a few ???

I got my new tranny from RPM and I'm gonna install it on sunday. If you're looking for a tranny he is the man. Great customer service, he is always available, takes time to answer questions on his tranny!! You just feel great when you deal with him. And from what I heard his tranny is rock solid!
I just bought 12 qts of Dexron III fluid. I got a 2800 TC with it.
How hard is it to install? Could anyone tell me a few basic steps when installing the tranny? I've never done automatics.
I don't know if I have to put fluid in the TC before? If yes how much?
I also heard that when the tranny is done I have to put it through all the gears for a few seconds to bring fluid everywhere.
Please, advise me.
Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:14 PM
torchvette10
Drifting

Bump Please guys it is gonna take you a few seconds to put me on the right track!!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:37 PM
FRCTony
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I would ask Rodney.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:29 PM
davette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense - but if you are not sure about adding fluid to your converter, should you be attempting to install an automatic transmission?? Didn't you remove the stock tranny and converter? Was there fluid then? I'm confused.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:18 AM
torchvette10
Drifting

No problem,
My friend is doing my tranny swap. He is a mechanic and he installed the supercharger for me. He is a good guy however over here nobody works on automatics so honestly I have no choice, I have to do it one way or the other. My mechanic is the only person I trust.
I just don't know if the fluid will go to the converter by itself or if I should add it in in before mounting it.
However I'm gonna give Rodney a call! I just didn't want to bother him, I thought that I would try here before calling him since I already asked him so many questions when buying the tranny

Get notified of new replies

To New tranny from RPM!! a few ???

Quick Reply: New tranny from RPM!! a few ???