C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 bars and noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default T1 bars and noise

I have heard that the T1 bars are noisey, what makes them noisey and what kind of noises should you expect?
Phil
Old 08-05-2005, 11:07 PM
SpeedyZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is the T1 end links that are noisy. They are spherical rod ends and have a little slop in the even when they are new. When I say slop it is only .001-.002 of an inch but it is metal to metal. Many people say to just use the factory metal (not early model plastic) end links on the street and you will be fine. The T1 bushings look really good, they are hard rubber I think but have a woven cloth molded in which the bar slides/rotates against which should keep the noise down. They come in a pretty blue color and look to be power coated. I got mine from Fred Bean and I was NOT impressed with their shipping. GM shrink wraps the bar on a card board then puts it in a big box. FB opened and removed the bars from the cardboard and just stuck both bars into the same box with no other packing, except the head gaskets that I ordered! Yep, threw a set of head gaskets in the box with sway bars! For $120 shipping I was not impressed. Anyway the bars banged each other up pretty bad leaving several places where the pretty blue was knocked off.

Someone on the forum posted the part numbers for replacement rod ends that were not noisy. It was probably a year ago I seen that post, you may search for that and find better end links.

I can post photos of the T1 end links if you want to see what they look like.

Last edited by SpeedyZ; 08-05-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:53 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

When the T1 bars are propely instanded they are not noisy. The suppenssion must be set and ride height set without the bars connected. Once the ride height is set then the T1 end links are connected with the adjustable heim joint. No noise. Dont forget to lub the bushing. I just used a High temp grease vs carbon lubracant.

The noise comes when ppl adjust the ride height with the T1 end links connected and then they creek

Old 08-06-2005, 07:21 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no noise in 60,000 miles same end links I now track with.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I run mine on the street all the time with no noise when they are adjusted properly
Old 08-07-2005, 06:40 PM
ANTIVINUM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine sound like hell to. So are you saying that I need to just adjust the links in or out? And if so how do I know which way to go. I know I am kornfused.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:15 PM
VetteSiNz
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you torque all the bolts....end links and bracket bolts?
Old 08-07-2005, 07:19 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

wow, thats a thick-azz bar!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:36 PM
MRIENG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

When the T1 bars are propely instanded they are not noisy. The suppenssion must be set and ride height set without the bars connected. Once the ride height is set then the T1 end links are connected with the adjustable heim joint. No noise. Dont forget to lub the bushing. I just used a High temp grease vs carbon lubracant.

The noise comes when ppl adjust the ride height with the T1 end links connected and then they creek

5 k and no noise. Got to adjust them properly. But it is a little much for a street car. Got to get that thing out on the track to see the difference!
Steve
Old 08-07-2005, 08:01 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
Blue is the the T1 38.5 mm, black is a '03 Z51, 26.5 mm. the 03 & 04 ZO6 front bars are 28.5 mm thick

ANTIVINUM what I would do is disconcont the Heim joint, end link from the A-arm, let your car settle a bit, check and if needed adjust the ride height, then ajust the Heim joint and reconect to the A-arm.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
Blue is the the T1 38.5 mm, black is a '03 Z51, 26.5 mm. the 03 & 04 ZO6 front bars are 28.5 mm thick

ANTIVINUM what I would do is disconcont the Heim joint, end link from the A-arm, let your car settle a bit, check and if needed adjust the ride height, then ajust the Heim joint and reconect to the A-arm.

Do this with either a 1/2 tank of gas and your weight of something, I use 200 lbs of old rotors in the drivers seat. then do your adjustments.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do this with either a 1/2 tank of gas and your weight of something, I use 200 lbs of old rotors in the drivers seat. then do your adjustments.

The goal is to avoid preload on the bar by having the car settled on the suspension before adjusting and attatching the second endlink.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 bars and noise

Quick Reply: T1 bars and noise