C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signal flasher & window motor issues

Old 06-10-2005, 10:22 PM
TroyPyles
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signal flasher & window motor issues

Like many of you, I have the classic turn signal problem. Bought a new hazard warning flasher ($42) and discovered it was made in England. Lucas electrics!!! No wonder it keeps failing.

One other note: the part number has been changed since my 2000 was built. So maybe they made it better this time?

My passenger window motor decided to stop working (at 52,000 miles)for no apparent reason. Good thing the window was up. One would expect the driver's window motor to go bad first since it is used more often.

Can't get the motor separately so shelled out about $250 for the entire regulator. The regulator and attached motor are made in Germany. I think the Germans are over confident in their engineering and quality control and believed that the motor would never go bad. A Japanese engineer would have designed it so you could replace the motor without replacing the entire regulator. Took 2.5 hours to install.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Stock Man
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Sorry to hear you had to put out so much cash. But your up and running again. Life is good. Have a great weekend.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:14 AM
RatedX
Drifting

Location: Spring Hill, Florida Life is all about new beginnings;...TRY ONE!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

As those of us who owned Triumph motorcycles used to say:
"Lucas the prince of darkness".........

Get notified of new replies

To Signal flasher & window motor issues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Signal flasher & window motor issues