C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Onlinetires.com Buyer Beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:25 PM
NoNeck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Onlinetires.com Buyer Beware!!!

For those of you not familiar with my situation, I recently bought 4 new Toyo Proxes T1S for my 01 Zo6 from Onlinetires.com . The two fronts are out of round and gave me a vibration in the front end. Onlinetires.com would not even respond to my emails. I also left 3 phone messages with absolutely NO response. So in case anyone was thinking about doing business with them, expect NO CUSTOMER service whatsoever! I wish I lived close so I could go choke someone. I guess their business store name is American Tire Depot as that is the name on my credit card reciept. Oh and by the way, I paid with a VISA check card. I called my bank to dispute the item. Neither they NOR VISA will get involved as it has already been withdrawn from my account as a dbit to my checking. Nice huh? I did call TOYO directly and they told me to go to the local dealer (Didn't even know there was one) and they will examine and replace the tires under warranty. Any one know of a way to get those bastards back at Onlinetires.com? I was thinking a fax machine set to continuously dial their 800 number to keep it busy or something. A flood of emails from you guys telling them what a bunch of useless a-holes they are would be great too! Their email address is Info@Onlinetires.com Order number was 19073. Tell em I sent ya!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Roofless
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

While I understand you being upset, if Toyo has agreed to take care of the problem then it is all settled right? Toyo is a real stand up Company and wll do what it takes to make it right with you and I would imagine that they will be speaking to onlinetire directly.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Special K
Safety Car

I sent email for you and BCC'd you on it.

Bob
Old 04-19-2005, 11:00 PM
army2000
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Sorry to hear about your situation. I remember you posted the thread about your tires last week. I recently bought the exact same tire setup from onlinetires and I am very pleased with them. I called them on a Fri. and I received my tires in less than a week. I shop on the internet quite often and I check each item very carefully for damage or defects before I use it. I know about the Toyo warranty and I would highly encourage you to persue it. Just log onto their website and check for the nearest dealer location. In fact I believe they have a 500 mile trial offer. Here you go:http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/sports_car/. Good luck friend.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by army2000
Sorry to hear about your situation. I remember you posted the thread about your tires last week. I recently bought the exact same tire setup from onlinetires and I am very pleased with them. I called them on a Fri. and I received my tires in less than a week. I shop on the internet quite often and I check each item very carefully for damage or defects before I use it. I know about the Toyo warranty and I would highly encourage you to persue it. Just log onto their website and check for the nearest dealer location. In fact I believe they have a 500 mile trial offer. Here you go:http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/sports_car/. Good luck friend.
At Josh's request I sent an email to onlinetires and copied his post and suggested maybe they would like to help him out. This is their reply, and I'll copy this right from the email they sent me.

"loser get a life"

I will gladly forward this to anyone that wishes to see it. These azzholes shouldn't be in business. Josh, I forwarded you a copy. You should pursue this with Toyo and spread the word. YOU CAN GET THEIR ATTENTION!

Bob
Old 04-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

I sent an email to onlinetires and copied his post and suggested maybe they would like to help him out. This is their reply, and I'll copy this right from the email they sent me.

"loser get a life"
What ????? That's teenager talk - from someone pretending to be an adult that's operating a real business.

I think they need a visit in-person just to see how tough they will talk to someone that's not at the other end of a keyboard.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
What ????? That's teenager talk - from someone pretending to be an adult that's operating a real business.

I think they need a visit in-person just to see how tough they will talk to someone that's not at the other end of a keyboard.
I just hope NoNeck doesn't drop the ball on this one.

Bob
Old 04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury

I have also sent an email can not wait for the response, here is the body of my email, good luck.

"Hi, my friend NoNeck on corvette forum is dissatisfied with your service and his Toyo tires. I also noticed you called my pal Bob Korreck a loser. Not very nice. I would encourage you to use better customer service. So far 185 corvette owners have seen this thread about your poor costumer service, it has only been posted for 1.5 hours."
Old 04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
NoNeck
Instructor

Thanks Bob for your help! At least they responded! Here's todays news. I called Toyos customer service last night. The rep said just to go to my local dealer and they would replace the tires under warranty. He sent me to a place about 15 miles from my house. No big deal. Today I show up and they tell me they are not a direct retailer and they can not help me. They refer me to another dealer. THIS one of course is about 2 MILES from my house! (Not to mention, I misjudged the parking space at the first place as there is not parking stop and tattooed the front of the vette into their STUCCO building. ! WTF! Now I need the front end painted!) So anyway, being thoroughyl annoyed by now I venture over to the other dealer STS Tires. He seems confused when I relate the whole story to him, so he calls Toyo with me there. After a few minutes he puts me on the phone with the rep, who says she is the supervisor. She tells me, I need to remove the tires and send them to Toyo for evaluation. If they are in fact defective, they will send me replacements. I told her the other rep last night told me the local dealer would warranty them. She gets the STS guy back on the phone and asks him to measure the tread depth. (We already told her the tires have 75 miles on them.) Of course there are 10/32. She gets me back on the phone after a few minutes, THEN tells me the STS store will give me 2 new tires, but they have to agree to eat the cost if TOYO deems them not to be deective. Now WHY should this dealer have to pay for TOYOs crappy not round two tires, especially when I didn't even buy em from them? The STS dealer however agrees to do this, but says he can't get my car in to remove the wheels to put them on the balancer until next Monday! Are you friggin kidding me!!!? So I tell him, I'll remove the wheels and drop them off so they can hopefully put them on the balancer ASAP, then he tells me they will have to order 2 tires if in fact mine are defective. (Keep in mind these tires are so out of round it can be seen with the naked eye on the balancer!) So now I'm probably looking at next week and then probably another 3-4 days for tires to come in if they have to order them!!! He finishes by telling me that the TOYO "supervisor" said I have to pay to dismount the old tires and mount and balance the new ones! Un-be-friggin-lieveable!To top things off, I checked TOyo's web site today and see the 500 mile guarantee. How can they offer this, but give me the run around with two SQUARE tires! Good god! I spoke to Jay who posted above and was kind enough to put me in touch with his buddy who is a Toyo rep. He expects me to have an answer by tommorow. So I'll keep you all posted. Thanks Bob for mailing those aholes. If everyone else could please do the same, I'd appreciate it. Also if there is anyone in the Duarte CA, area who can provide me witht he local phone number of the Better Business Bureau out there, I'd appreciate it!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:22 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Holy Sh#t what a nightmare. If it makes you feel any better this is the way my world works everday. good luck
Old 04-20-2005, 10:24 PM
NoNeck
Instructor

Crazy aint it! Anyone need some square Toyos?
I couldn't resist sending Onlinetires.com another email. I sent this one from my other email account so hopefully they will read it. Here's what I sent them...

Can someone please get back to me about my square Toyo tires? Hope you enjoy being bashed online due to your sh*tty customer service. What goes around comes around. The corvette forum members have all been advised of your shady business practices. Hope it costs you some business. Hope my folllow up with the better business bureau in your area costs you a little more. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not like it would even cost you any money! The tires will be covered by Toyo under warranty!! Your lack of responses will surely cost you more than the few dollars worth of time it would have cost to make this situation right in lost sales.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
bayarea
Drifting

just sent them an e-mail. there is no reason a customer like us should have do deal with this.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NoNeck
Crazy aint it! Anyone need some square Toyos?
I couldn't resist sending Onlinetires.com another email. I sent this one from my other email account so hopefully they will read it. Here's what I sent them...

Can someone please get back to me about my square Toyo tires? Hope you enjoy being bashed online due to your sh*tty customer service. What goes around comes around. The corvette forum members have all been advised of your shady business practices. Hope it costs you some business. Hope my folllow up with the better business bureau in your area costs you a little more. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not like it would even cost you any money! The tires will be covered by Toyo under warranty!! Your lack of responses will surely cost you more than the few dollars worth of time it would have cost to make this situation right in lost sales.

Josh, you need to keep this at the top of the forum every day. Just do a TTT. You can end up costing them a lot of money. I'll be glad to help. Whenever I see this post slipping I'll give it a bump.

Contact the BBB via the web. You can locate the local office, file a complaint and they will pursue this with Toyo and the vendor. Much better than calling them because you will have a written record.

I also sent them a 2ND email and copied you on it.

Bob
Old 04-20-2005, 11:18 PM
flash134
Racer

St. Jude Donor '05

This is so unexceptable that any customer service rep would e-mail such a F%@$&! up message to any one. This takes the cake when it comes to loser companys. I am seeing red and this is not even my problem. But if someone screws with members of this forum, there is a lot of power in many. Good Luck with your problem. Toyo tire also needs to get their act together. It also pisses me off they talked to Bob that way. Waite till they get my e-mail

Last edited by flash134; 04-20-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:22 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by flash134
This is so unexceptable that any customer service rep would e-mail such a F%@$&! up message to any one. This takes the cake when it comes to loser companys. I am seeing red and this is not even my problem. But if someone screws with members of this forum, there is a lot of power in many. Good Luck with your problem. Toyo tire also needs to get their act together. It also pisses me off they talked to Bob that way. Waite till they get my e-mail
flash the email address is in the first post.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
army2000
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Wow, sounds like you are really catching he!! with this situation. I hope everything works out for you. BTW, I am a unbias 3rd party here, looking form the outside. I honestly don't understand why the other members are contacting onlinetires on your behalf. Sounds like a personal situation between you and the tire distributor. I looked on their web site and even though they carry most major tire brands, they do not express or imply any satisfaction gaurentees. The only reason I bought from them was the price and I knew about the Toyo warranty. I realize that you are agitated, but you also have to realize that you will probally get even less co-operation with an attitude. Sending them nasty e-mails have gotten you where?? It does sound like Toyo is trying to correct the situation. This might sound bad but, Onlinetires is a dead issue, you can't get blood from a turnip. IMO you need to consentrate your energy with Toyo and fix the problems. Keep in mind an emergency on your part does not mean everybody will stop what they are doing to fix your problems. This might not be what you want to hear, but I think it's fair. Good luck to you my friend.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:32 PM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

email sent - good luck with that crappy situation.

Get notified of new replies

To Onlinetires.com Buyer Beware!!!

Old 04-20-2005, 11:33 PM
flash134
Racer

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by shurite44
flash the email address is in the first post.
Thanks got it e-mail sent.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:35 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by army2000
Wow, sounds like you are really catching he!! with this situation. I hope everything works out for you. BTW, I am a unbias 3rd party here, looking form the outside. I honestly don't understand why the other members are contacting onlinetires on your behalf. Sounds like a personal situation between you and the tire distributor. I looked on their web site and even though they carry most major tire brands, they do not express or imply any satisfaction gaurentees. The only reason I bought from them was the price and I knew about the Toyo warranty. I realize that you are agitated, but you also have to realize that you will probally get even less co-operation with an attitude. Sending them nasty e-mails have gotten you where?? It does sound like Toyo is trying to correct the situation. This might sound bad but, Onlinetires is a dead issue, you can't get blood from a turnip. IMO you need to consentrate your energy with Toyo and fix the problems. Keep in mind an emergency on your part does not mean everybody will stop what they are doing to fix your problems. This might not be what you want to hear, but I think it's fair. Good luck to you my friend.
Hey its fun go ahead and send them a nasty email, it is very invigorating. Plus revenge is somewhat sweet at times. I believe in implied warranty's also when someone sells something it should not have imperfections that make it unusable.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:36 PM
BWP 5P
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

Well....at least he didn't have to talk to someone in INDIA
Seems like that's the "new" way of handling "Customer Mis-Service"
It's really sad that there are so many companies to take our $$$$, and so few willing to handle problems.......SAD

Quick Reply: Onlinetires.com Buyer Beware!!!