C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NGK TR55/TR5 Same plug?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 01:59 PM
kwik8racr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NGK TR55/TR5 Same plug?

I have always run the NGK TR55's and just went to a local parts store to get a new set, and they say the "new" part number is TR5, plugs look identical, I just never heard of this change, just wanted to make sure they were the same plug before I put them in. I called NGK's tech line, but they are closed for the weekend.Can someone confirm this for me.....thanks!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwik8racr
I have always run the NGK TR55's and just went to a local parts store to get a new set, and they say the "new" part number is TR5, plugs look identical, I just never heard of this change, just wanted to make sure they were the same plug before I put them in. I called NGK's tech line, but they are closed for the weekend.Can someone confirm this for me.....thanks!!!

The TR5 is a .039 gap. The TR55 is a .059 gap. Other than that all the other specs appear to be the same. I would stick with the larger gap on a standard copper plug like this. Or, at least, open up the gap of the .039 to around .050. Maybe somebody else can offer more information.

Take a look at : www.sparkplugs.com

Quick Reply: NGK TR55/TR5 Same plug?