C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Column Lock Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:43 PM
tah81
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Column Lock Simulator

Gang, I just received my CLS from Thunder Racing and all that was in the box was the small CLS module...no cigarette lighter adapter as shown in the LS1howto article. Is that needed for all installations? Mine is a 99 6-speed. Thanks. Tom.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:46 PM
tdahl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup its easy, just follow the instructions on the bag... fuse 25 I think..... easy and works just fine!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
tah81
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So is the cigarette adapter required for installation???
Old 04-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Cscokd
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tah81
So is the cigarette adapter required for installation???
Gosh I thought the CLB came with the cigarette lighter adaptor. It's used to unlock your ECL motor before installation of the CLB. Follow the instructions carefully that came with your unit.

If no instructions, then the way I would do it is to insert the key and turn to on, but don't start the engine. Observe that the steering is unlocked. While in this state, disconnect your ECL harness. Turn off ignition and remove key. Install your CLB and plug into the harness. Then try it. If you get any error messages, reset your BCM following instructions in my sticky. This should accomplish the same thing without the cigarette lighter adaptor. Good luck.
John
Old 04-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Ragtop_Rob
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

It depends on the kit you buy - one kit has it the other does not - BOTH work fine. The one without the lighter adpater, you just pull a certian fuse to actuate the lock. If there are no directions, get them emailed or faxed to you - it is EASY.

Get notified of new replies

To Column Lock Simulator

Quick Reply: Column Lock Simulator