C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hand brake

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 PM
CHARARNIE
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hand brake

I Am A New Member. I Own A 2000 C5 Convertable. I Have A Bad Habit Of Pushing The Hand Brake Button When At A Stop. Now The Hand Brake Works Fine When I Hold The Lever Up, But When I Leave Go Of The Leaver It Drops Down. It Does Not Racket. Did Ibreak Something If So How Do I Fix It?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:16 PM
jmliles
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple possible solution first...

From all the button-pushing at stoplights, you might have just managed to get the button stuck a little farther back in the handle than it should be. Try giving the handle a good tap while pulling on the button to see if it willl come out any further. If it's stuck and partially depressed, the handle won't latch.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM
CHARARNIE
Cruising

Default hand brake

I Will Give That A Try, But The Button Feels Like It Will Just Come Out Of The Handle If I Pull It Out.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Grand Slam
Drifting

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts

On my last car I could solve this problem by turning the e-brake button a little so that it didn't stick in the housing.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Bill.Jarboe
Intermediate

I had a similar problem on my 98 vert, I had to take the passenger seat out and lubricate everything to get it right again. It wasn't as hard as it sounds, the whole job only took about 2.5 hours, including goofing off and playing curious george under the seat...(oooohhh, what's this do?)

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To hand brake

Quick Reply: hand brake