C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just ordered LG Pro LTs w/cats!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 01:31 PM
nwdanner
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just ordered LG Pro LTs w/cats!

And I'm having them installed next week along with LS1-Edit tuning. I'm soooo looking forward to the results!

I found a reputable shop to do the installation and LS1-edit tuning. In the past, at the same shop, my car dyno'd 328rwhp/344rwtq with a Blackwing, smooth bellow, and Borla Stingers. I'm real curious to see the post-installation dyno results, and I'll be sure to post them here for everyone to see as well.

The real reason for this post...

All LG Pro owners...have you had any issues with header clearances, melted plug wires, tunnel heat? Anything I should watch for?

Btw, you guys are all to blame for my incurable, hated-by-the-wife, mod addiction.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:45 PM
CNB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Your torque numbers seem high for your mods. I think you will love the headers. You will see torque improve big time under the curve and nice power gains. Fitment is like most other aftermarket headers I have seen. They all hang about a quarter of an inch below the body. The number two primary tube is close to the spark plug so watch for that. I haven't noticed any extra heat but is is still cool here. If you have any other questions just ask.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:10 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Let us know the results!!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
FRC Rob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the off-road (catless) version. Nice overall quality and fit & finish. Clearance is very good...my car is lowered, but I've never scraped the exhaust. I had stock wires (which I've just removed and plan on replacing...doing heads and cam right now)...hopefully someone will chime in about which aftermarket wires have good clearance. Underhood temps not significantly different than stock. Didn't notice any heat through the floorboards nor tunnel. One suggestion is to drill a hole with a hole-saw above the O2 sensors and route your O2 wires up through there...keeps 'em from getting burned or melting. Top end feels stronger, but the midrange is the biggest sotp difference.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

This is a good time if you have not done it already to install a new & stronger Tunnel Plate. I bought a ceramic coated plate to help stiffen the car of course and the ceramic coating to help reduce heat.
I also got the LG's ceramic coated to help reduce heat under the hood.

I also had bungs installed into the X-pipe to accept the rear O2 sensors.

You may want to think about that if you haven't already.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

id like to know your results as well

dave
Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You'll love them. See sig for my dyno numbers with a similar setup...
Old 02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
HRDTOPC54FUN
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

The LG Pros are a quality component (actually made by Borla to LGMs design). We had no fit-up problems including the 3" Random Tech cats and X pipe. They hang just slightly lower than the stock set up (at least on my car) but I have haven't scraped them yet and my car is lowered all the way on stock bolts.

They may have changed the design, but I would recommend using stock GM gaskets in place of the set supplied with the headers.

You didn't say what you plan to use for the cat back but be prepared for a significant improvement in the exhaust note, crisper and louder.
I have the Corsa Indys and the exhaust note is awsome at idle and at WOT, but reasonable at cruising speeds with the MN6.

You won't be disapointed. Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:53 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Love mine! Went no cats, love the roar! Bad part is at test and tune, not much will run you here is my before and after:
Before after
340 SAE 375SAE (uncorected 390 in 40degree wheather)
12.33@114 11.89@118.7
No one mentions the throttle response after these. It was a huge change, as it is much more crisp, and instant. It was great before but now... even better. Went to T&T yestedrsay and saw a car I wanted to run, but somehow we never lined up as he was hot lapping, and I was letting my car cool. He ran 12.3 @ 115 while I ran 12.05 @ 117 The folks at LGM are awesome too. Good luck and post some pics and numbers
Dave
Old 02-14-2005, 06:20 PM
photocopy
Instructor

Originally Posted by nwdanner
And I'm having them installed next week along with LS1-Edit tuning. I'm soooo looking forward to the results!

I found a reputable shop to do the installation and LS1-edit tuning. In the past, at the same shop, my car dyno'd 328rwhp/344rwtq with a Blackwing, smooth bellow, and Borla Stingers. I'm real curious to see the post-installation dyno results, and I'll be sure to post them here for everyone to see as well.

All LG Pro owners...have you had any issues with header clearances, melted plug wires, tunnel heat? Anything I should watch for?

Btw, you guys are all to blame for my incurable, hated-by-the-wife, mod addiction.
I just installed these on my '04 coupe (paired with Corsa Indy catback), and absolutely love 'em. I haven't had a tune done yet, but they sound fantastic. I had absolutely no unexpected clearance issues during the installation. And I installed a ceramic coated SS tunnel plate while I was in there, and that has helped with heat, and to firm up the ride a little bit.

I haven't had my car tuned yet, but maybe sometime this summer, when I want a little more jump.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:48 PM
zoomnz
Instructor

I also have the LG's with no cats, but wanted to put my .02 worths about aftermarket wires. I'm using Magnecor wires with stock heat shields, no problem!!

I also changed headers from TPIS to LG's and no cats. Better low end torque, deeper tone...and louder of course w/out cats. Cant go wrong with LG's!

ZOOMNZ
Old 02-14-2005, 07:53 PM
hrdtopv8
Pro

Just finished my install last week. Very easy to do even if you have never installed headers before. Driver side goes in from the bottom and passenger side from the top. Visit www.ls1howto.com for excellent instructions. Do note that if you are going to use rear 02 sensors then you must install the Xpipe AFTER the cats although the instructions say otherwise.. The sound is simply amazing and there is a huge difference in mid-range power especially with a H/C package.

Last week, after I finished I took her out for a spin. My next door neighbor was fishing 1/2 mile away and he called me on my cell. He asked if I started the car up because he could hear it from that far away. And this is WITH cats.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:15 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nwdanner

You bought a great set of headers. Good luck with the install and the results.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Rob'sC5
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05

congrats on the purchase and enjoy the sound
Old 02-14-2005, 10:39 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Everyone pretty much listed anything That I would have added Let us know if there is anything we can do for you

Get notified of new replies

To I just ordered LG Pro LTs w/cats!

Quick Reply: I just ordered LG Pro LTs w/cats!