C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 04:56 PM
I.B.Sorgn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote CD Player

Can anyone tell me what the pin assignments are for the remote cd player harness. In case it matters I'm referring to the 04 model year.

Many thanks
Old 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Dads2kconvertible
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 420 Posts

This is from the 2000 manual.

Old 11-28-2023, 07:32 PM
I.B.Sorgn
Intermediate

The wire colors match the pins and your doc so 'm going to assume that the assignments are the same for 04 years. My plan was to replace the troublesome CD player with a remote controlled mp3 player with, Bluetooth but it appears that the old CD player does not output classic speaker frequencies. Appreciate your quick reply to my post.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:52 PM
Dads2kconvertible
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 420 Posts

I use a $20 bluetooth FM transmitter to pick up the signal from my phone and send it to an unused FM frequency on the radio.
Lots of info in the audio section. Replacing the stock C5 bezel with a double din sized bezel gives you lots of options for a modern head unit.
The following users liked this post:
yellow2007 (11-29-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 08:28 PM
I.B.Sorgn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dads2kconvertible
I use a $20 bluetooth FM transmitter to pick up the signal from my phone and send it to an unused FM frequency on the radio.
Lots of info in the audio section. Replacing the stock C5 bezel with a double din sized bezel gives you lots of options for a modern head unit.
I'm using the same right now which works but the sound is a little washed and some frequencies are interrupted at times. I thought that a MP3 player might help make the music a little clearer and eliminate the disruptions. After rethinking, I believe pins 1 and 2 are outputing sound and pin 3 is might serve as a common speaker negative. I'll do a little more digging. Appreciate your points.
The following users liked this post:
Dads2kconvertible (11-28-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Remote CD Player

Quick Reply: Remote CD Player