C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 09:37 PM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

Default Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control

Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started getting a few DIC messages and warning lights coming on while I was on the Hot Rod Power Tour this week. Started Sunday when we were between Arlington and Tulsa. Active Handling/Traction Control light comes on intermittently. ABS light comes on intermittently as well. No pattern to it. Nothing specific seems to trigger it. Car runs fine, stops fine. No noticeable problems other that these pesky warning lights and DIC messages. Here’s what the DIC Displays at times:

Service Traction System
Service Active Handling

Here are the codes displayed on the DIC:

10 PCM
NO CODES

28 TCS
C1276H
NO COMM.
U1000H
U1016H

40BCM
U1096H

58 SDM
U1040H
U1096H

60 IPC
U1040H
U1160H

80 RADIO
U1096H

99 HVAC
NO CODES

AO LDCM
B2282H
B2284H
U1064H
U1096H

A1 RDCM
B2283H
B2285H
U1064H
U1096H

A6 SCM
NO CODES

BO RFA
U1096H

I have done a few searches and read most of the posts. What do you think is causing this and what do you think I ought to do about it. I have the key to what the codes mean, but not much help. Thanks for your help! Mike
Old 06-11-2004, 01:13 AM
0rion
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (ArrestMeRed)

Is there a chance something got wet? Did you wash it right before you started getting those codes? Just a guess on my part but you gotta start somewhere right?
Old 06-11-2004, 01:18 AM
0rion
Racer

Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (0rion)

Also, check your battery connections and visually inspect your pcm and make sure everything is good there. Those codes are all over the place huh? Sounds like some sort of electrical problem but like I say, I'm guessing. Maybe something wet or a loose ground somewhere or something like that?
Old 06-12-2004, 01:32 PM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (0rion)

Thanks for your reply! Did not wash it prior to having codes nor were we in rain. We were on the Hot Rod Power Tour between Arlington and Tulsa when it started. Here's the latest:

The car is an 02 Z06 and has never been in an accident and has never been back to the dealership since it was prepped when it was new. Also, for what it's worth, this is an early 02. It was delivered in Aug 01.

Thanks for your help on this!

One of the times while trying to retrieve the codes, I got the NO COMM in the TCS module only. This happened as I kept putting the code retrieval in auto mode. That was before I read how you could put it in the manual mode and scroll through them one by one. Below is yesterday's experience with problems:

Yesterday it was really hot, so I turned the AC fan on high and was watching the voltage on the DIC. The ABS light was on as was the light that comes on when you turn the traction control off. The fan speed slowed down for a sec and the voltage dipped for an instant and the ABS light went out. The traction control light stayed on, but the ABS went out. Don't know what's causing the voltage to vary? Car runs fine and stops fine, but don't like driving around without Traction Control some of the time. Seems like everything is fine until all the systems are completely warmed up. Then I start getting these pesky lights and service soon warnings. Also, just 2 times during all this, I've had the 1 to 4 Shift light come on. I have the Cags Defeat fix but why would this light come on??????????? Drove 50 miles to try to get the car in the shop, but couldn't since they were booked for the day. Confused in MS. Mike

P.S. - Pulled the car out yesterday evening to get the Hot Rod Power Tour road grime off of it. You know try to pamper it a little....... and when I was pulling it back in the garage, it was dark so I turned on the headlights. When I got inside and turned the lights off, there was a loud gear stripping noise when the lights went down. I couldn't get it to quit except to leave the lights in the up position with the parking lights on. Had to unhook the battery................This is a car that has never been back to the dealership since new. I guess it could be worse, but when it rains here lately, it seems to pour......

[Modified by ArrestMeRed, 5:52 PM 6/14/2004]
Old 06-12-2004, 08:41 PM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (ArrestMeRed)

Any other suggestions?
Old 06-13-2004, 03:07 AM
0rion
Racer

Maybe start simple and put a volt meter across the battery connections and make sure you're getting 14.4v from the alternator at idle. That's probably not it but a start. Just start looking for loose wires, corroded connections, and things along those lines. Do you have headers? Any chance a wire is getting cooked? When you get it figured out be sure and post back here what the problem was.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:18 PM
jays98
Intermediate

I am having the same problem and just discovered that the computer and the relay/fuse block are soaked and i believe it is water coming out of the a/c because I have only had this problem when I use the a/c. Anyone heard of the a/c drain coming loose, off, getting clogged. And if so anyone know where it is in the dash?
Old 06-20-2004, 12:25 PM
0rion
Racer

Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (jays98)

Get your problem figured out?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:35 AM
jays98
Intermediate

figured out my problem, the a/c drain line was clogged and water would puddle in the heater box until I took a hard left turn then it would spill into the blower motor and soak the pcm and a relay for the TCS causing the dash to light up like a christmas tree. fixed it with a coat hanger, thank god- I have only had the car 3 weeks and was almost ready to burn it and take the insurance money
Old 06-22-2004, 12:27 AM
0rion
Racer

Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (jays98)

Sorry to hear you've had the problems but glad to hear you got them fixed. A coat hanger though?? I'd have to go back and redo that with something a little less "trailer parkish".
Old 06-27-2004, 11:51 PM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Get your problem figured out?
Not yet...........OK, Have been out of town lately and just back yesterday. Rested up and decided to tinker with the Z to see if I could find any obvious problems. Battery was disconnected for over a week while I was out of town. Checked all the connections I could find. Nothing appeared to be loose. Turned switch on and put DIC in manual mode. Cleared all the existing codes mentioned earlier. Started car and let it run awhile with AC on and fan speed on high. Was raining so didn't take it out on the road. In fact, didn't even move the car, just let it run til it warmed up completely. Monitored the voltage and it didn't get higher than 13.2. Also didn't go lower than about 12.6 to 12.8. Revved it up a couple of times and the voltage did not get much above 13.0. After car warmed up, got the message to Service Active Handling/Service Traction Control. The Traction Control light came on indicating that the Traction Control was off. Retrived Codes as follows:

28 TCS NO COMM.

58 SDM U1040 H C

60 IPC U1040 H C

Mike
Old 06-28-2004, 05:53 PM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

C1276 is a "Delivered Torque Signal Circuit Malfunction" looks like it is time for a trip to the dealership.

VR
Old 06-28-2004, 11:50 PM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Default Re: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control (vetterdstr)

Cool video at Sears Point

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control

Quick Reply: Need Help with Codes - ABS, Active Handling/Traction Control