C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Car running very rich...can I fix without tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 11:05 AM
DUCMAN
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car running very rich...can I fix without tuning?

Previsouly, my car was running pretty rich. Two days ago I installed a set of PRT's and now the car is very rich. It has the nasty popping sound. I don't mind the sound, but mine pops even at idle while sitting at stop lights-needless to say, I have scared a couple of people It also pops when I press in the clutch to switch gears and when coming to a stop. Mond you, these are not low level, these things are loud and sound like a pistol going off.

The car was previously tuned by Ed Wright. The car was set up for a 150 shot of NOS, but that is no longer being ran. I currently have a mild H/C set up with headers as well.

Iss there anything I can do myself to lean it out? I am leaving for Afghanistan unexpectedly within the next couple of weeks, so I do not have time to send the computer back to Ed in Oklahoma or time to buy edit or any other tune software, but I would like to fix this before I leave so my wife can drive the car every now and then while I am gone.

Keep in mind I live in Hawaii, where Vette tuners at shops do not exist

Also posting this in the tune section.

Rodrigo
Old 05-13-2004, 08:16 PM
jdk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car running very rich...can I fix without tuning? (DUCMAN)

I imagine if you reset the LTFT's your car will relearn with the correct ratio, but you'll still be rich WOT, and the only way you can fix that is tuning.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:32 AM
ArKay99
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Car running very rich...can I fix without tuning? (DUCMAN)

If you have a screen in the MAF you can remove that. A little more unmetered air will get you a slightly leaner a/f ratio. This will work at WOT too. I don't like messing with the MAF, but this might work for you, IF you have a screen.
Be safe in Afghanistan.

Get notified of new replies

To Car running very rich...can I fix without tuning?

Quick Reply: Car running very rich...can I fix without tuning?