C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 10:52 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :)

I figured I would post this here before I put in on the DIY mailing list, had a local buyer but he backed out..

I finally bit the bullet and bought the integrated wideband for our dyno so I am going to sell the ver 1.0 DIY wide band (pics at http://personalpages.tds.net/~kpevin/ ). I have the display, ~8ft cable I made, controller and a sensor that has ~10 hours on it. Everything is perfect except the sensor threads are kinda thin. When I first put it in my car I didnt use never sieze and that was a big mistake with a new bung. There are two solid threads left and I have used this on a half dozen cars with no problem since and it will stay ok if you are careful.

Tech edge sells the built kit with a cable and display for 269.00, they do not include the sensor which is 150-225.00 depending where you buy it. I'll sell everything INCLUDING the sensor for 260.00 plus shipping its complete and ready to go.

This is a great tool to have around just for personal use. You can log the wideband output only but after christmas tech-edge will be selling an addon for this that does RPM and data logging. This reads a little leaner (.2) then the last dynojet wideband I compared it to but thats a little safer :) Its really is a handy thing to have if you have no dyno in the area..
Old 12-25-2002, 04:18 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (kp)

that is a good price guys. I have one and love it.
Old 12-25-2002, 04:22 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (davidfarmer)

It sure is a nice thing to have, and its sold :)
Old 01-02-2003, 01:48 PM
R6_C5_CLS55
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize you sold this unit, but I have a general question and would appreciate a response if you have a moment. Can you "hard wire" these systems into your car so that you can drive the car around normally and monitor the AF ratios without throwing any engine codes. I suspect you can, by also feeding the appropriate data from the wideband O2 to the ECU, but I am not sure. I have an Autometer AF gauge in my car in the same spot you have the digitial AF readout in your car (in place of the ash tray) and I am considering upgrading to a "real" AF meter if I can manage a clean install and still have no CE lights. Also, their site mentions potential problems with forced induction applications. I have a supercharger on my car and I can't see why this would pose a problem. I understand why a turbo would be an issue...any thoughts? Thanks for your input.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:52 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (R6_C5_ML430)

you would simply have to weld an extra "bung" into your exhaust system for the wide-band, then power wires for the reader. It works totally independent from your normal O2's.

Dave
Old 01-03-2003, 03:00 PM
66ImpalaLT1
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

never mind, just noticed its sold.

[Modified by 66ImpalaLT1, 1:00 PM 1/3/2003]
Old 01-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Flyin'Brian
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (davidfarmer)

The latest version 1.5 has a narrow band signal wire to run to the conputer, so you can just replace one of your sensors with the W/B sensor.
I might wait for ver 2.0 sounds :cool:
http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm
Old 01-05-2003, 12:29 AM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (R6_C5_ML430)

I have one of these on my super charged c5 and it works fine. It is the same thing they use on most dynos. I finally went to the track last night and got all of my scanning stuff to work together. I can now see AF/timing/IAT/Speed/RPM... now I actually have some useful real world info to start dialing it in.

You honestly can't watch this thing while driving in WOT. I just ended up taking the display out. It is useless without some type of logging.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:05 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (DOCTOR J)

How do you capture the o2 readings so that you can look at them in an analyzer so you can compare the O2 readings at X RPM, etc.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Flyin'Brian
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :) (C5Noir)

How do you capture the o2 readings so that you can look at them in an analyzer so you can compare the O2 readings at X RPM, etc.
Here is some info on a logger program http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/1v5/sw.htm
Sound like it's kinda buggy but there might be something else out there, don't know

Get notified of new replies

To Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :)

Quick Reply: Stop the guesswork, buy a cheap wideband :)