C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

reduced engine no.comm

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:45 PM
BLACKTOP2000
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default reduced engine no.comm

Three weeks ago parked my 2000 C5 in the driveway came out 3 hrs later started an went into reduced engine mode.
tried to get codes no.comm so i went on corvette forum.checked out all of Bill Curlees great testing posts.
Bill was nice enough to talk me through some of the testing procedures.checked the door connections the windows an door locks.
went to the star connectors an started checking each module .got to the PCM an i was able to retrieve code after i disconnected
it. pulled the PCM the board was burnt the car has cam heads fast intake 90mm TB vara ram headers.so was able to find an old tune to
get it running.Bill suggested i check out Covettes Of Westchester Chuck Cow. brought to him last sat.he did a great tune was there
for 5 hrs Chuck was great would highly recommend him.the cow booster with the tune is the way to go thanks Chuck.Bill Curlee you
are awesome thanks for all your help i would have went for 2000.00 for diagnostic time.My advice take your time and check everything
thats what i learned from this. Steve

Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you VERY Much!

Originally Posted by BLACKTOP2000
Three weeks ago parked my 2000 C5 in the driveway came out 3 hrs later started an went into reduced engine mode.
tried to get codes no.comm so i went on corvette forum.checked out all of Bill Curlees great testing posts.
Bill was nice enough to talk me through some of the testing procedures.checked the door connections the windows an door locks.
went to the star connectors an started checking each module .got to the PCM an i was able to retrieve code after i disconnected
it. pulled the PCM the board was burnt the car has cam heads fast intake 90mm TB vara ram headers.so was able to find an old tune to
get it running.Bill suggested i check out Covettes Of Westchester Chuck Cow. brought to him last sat.he did a great tune was there
for 5 hrs Chuck was great would highly recommend him.the cow booster with the tune is the way to go thanks Chuck.Bill Curlee you
are awesome thanks for all your help i would have went for 2000.00 for diagnostic time.My advice take your time and check everything
thats what i learned from this. Steve
Thank you VERY Much Steve! Pleasure meeting you!

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: reduced engine no.comm