C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

code#P0492 secondary air injector,bank 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:27 PM
jmorris61
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code#P0492 secondary air injector,bank 2

anyone have a fix for,code P0492,secondary air injector,bank 2?
Old 09-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Voodoo13
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris61
anyone have a fix for,code P0492,secondary air injector,bank 2?
I have a similar code from time to time. I purchased a secondary air injection valve to fix it but then it went away. It comes back from time to time. There are two valves, one easy to get near the passenger side and the other that you need to remove the intake manifold to replace. Mine is the harder to replace so the valve still sits in "inventory" in my garage until I get inspired. I doubt that it would be a performance issue, it is part of the emission control system. As I understand it, The secondary air injector pumps fresh air into the exhaust during warmup when the cats are cold. This increases the efficiency of the cats to reduce emissions for the first few minutes of warmup. So you may be sending out more pollutants harming the atmosphere but not harming your car.

I paid about $40 for mine. I am sure that this will fix it. I had the same problem in my Cadillac and a valve fixed it. The only components in this system is the air pump, and 2 valves. If it were the pump I am pretty sure it would throw a different code.

Quick Reply: code#P0492 secondary air injector,bank 2