C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

abs and traction light

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:20 PM
mohammedtuner
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs and traction light

Hello
I have a Corvette c5zo6 2001 and suddenly light abs with traction came What are the reasons for their appearance and Thanks ...
Old 07-30-2014, 02:43 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The ABS braking system uses the wheel speed sensors to prevent the wheels from skidding on a hard stop
The Traction control uses the wheel speed sensors to prevent the wheels from spinning on a hard launch
Most commom for either of both of these messages is a fouled wheel speed sensor pigtail or a broken wire or an unplugged one---A data logger or good scanner should tell you which sensor is causing the problem left or right front or rear But I would check all 4 of them Located at each wheel behind the brake rotor with a 2 wire pigtail near by---
Check for mud or sticks got in the star wheel as well---
Driving too FAST on a bumpy road or over railroad tracks will dislodge the connection of the pigtails----
An intermittent warning can be cleared with a scanner or data logger or Tech 2---
I would clear the messages 1st as they may be just a one time thing but if it comes back---then check the pigtail wiring and starwheels
Old 07-30-2014, 04:50 AM
mohammedtuner
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your full and comprehensive answer at the same time

Get notified of new replies

To abs and traction light

Quick Reply: abs and traction light