C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up or spin tires over in my c5 corvette

Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up or spin tires over in my c5 corvette

i am having a problem tuning out my torque management it seems i have changed all of the parameters everyone agrees i should change but i cannot brake and do a burnout or if i build up to around 1000 rpm and launch it my car stumbles before it picks back up... heres a copy of my tune someone please help
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
C5TM.hpt (456.1 KB, 123 views)
Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Now what's weird with mine is I played around yesterday. With traction control in , torque management kicked in. With traction control turned off I could foot brake and spin the tires. Of course the track is a lot stickier than the street which is possibly why torque management kicked in.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Cosmik de Bris
Advanced

Originally Posted by pharestutt
i am having a problem tuning out my torque management it seems i have changed all of the parameters everyone agrees i should change but i cannot brake and do a burnout or if i build up to around 1000 rpm and launch it my car stumbles before it picks back up... heres a copy of my tune someone please help
Do you get "Traction Control Activated" on the console? Did you turn the TC off with the button on the centre console as well?
Old 05-28-2014, 07:13 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris

Do you get "Traction Control Activated" on the console? Did you turn the TC off with the button on the centre console as well?
My ebtcm is no good so traction control doesn't work
Old 05-30-2014, 03:59 PM
plumberh2o
Pro

My ebtcm is no good so traction control doesn't work
I have the same problem with my C5 even with the traction control turned off Getting a good burnout with my drag radials at the track was hard. NO impossible! I think I have now fixed it and next week I will try again at the track to see if I can get a consistent good tire heat up from run to run. Getting a good consistent 60 foot from this car has been a problem but I thing this time it will work.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:31 AM
pharestutt
Instructor

Originally Posted by plumberh2o

I have the same problem with my C5 even with the traction control turned off Getting a good burnout with my drag radials at the track was hard. NO impossible! I think I have now fixed it and next week I will try again at the track to see if I can get a consistent good tire heat up from run to run. Getting a good consistent 60 foot from this car has been a problem but I thing this time it will work.
What did you do to fix it
Old 05-31-2014, 01:29 PM
plumberh2o
Pro

What did you do to fix it
I installed a line lock form the master cylinder on the front break lines to the ABS box next to the water pump at the front of the engine on the drivers side of the car. sorry I just should of told you yesterday about what I did.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

I installed a line lock form the master cylinder on the front break lines to the ABS box next to the water pump at the front of the engine on the drivers side of the car. sorry I just should of told you yesterday about what I did.
please let me know how it goes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:21 AM
plumberh2o
Pro

Default can't get a good burn out.

please let me know how it goes
Still not being able to do a good burn out. can't keep the tires spinning long enough. even with the line lock the burn out moves the car and I had to hit the brake to stop the car from moving. Also when I tried to bring up the RPM to 1500 to launch at the tree the car moved and I broke out.

There has to be a way to hold the car still and do a good burnout, but I don't know what to do can anyone help???
Old 06-24-2014, 12:38 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Still not being able to do a good burn out. can't keep the tires spinning long enough. even with the line lock the burn out moves the car and I had to hit the brake to stop the car from moving. Also when I tried to bring up the RPM to 1500 to launch at the tree the car moved and I broke out.

There has to be a way to hold the car still and do a good burnout, but I don't know what to do can anyone help???
i dont understand how some say you can tune it away and then nobody can tell you how to do it when you ask
Old 06-24-2014, 02:20 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

i dont understand how some say you can tune it away and then nobody can tell you how to do it when you ask
You can zero out the torque management tables in the pcm with an editing program like hptuners.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:11 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 325 Likes on 202 Posts

you have to really step on the brake pedal hard then push and hold the line lock button...that should hold you....then try doing the burnout in competition mode vs traction control off... I can burn my tires to the ground when I do it that way...and a couple of other guys I know have to do it the same way.... my tuner says he can change it though, but I've been doing it for years this way and I'm used to it
Old 06-24-2014, 03:31 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrr23

You can zero out the torque management tables in the pcm with an editing program like hptuners.
I did and it didn't fix it that's y I attached the tune in the first post
Old 06-25-2014, 08:57 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

I'll look more into it when I'm on the pcm to look at your file. I think it may have something to do with initial start up and readiness states.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:30 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

going back and reading your original statement, i think your problem isn't torque management. it might be a fueling issue. i see your injector size table is larger than mine. i'm assuming you did put larger injectors in the engine?

what are your mods to your car? year also.

my scenario is i can hold the brake and raise the rpms until i hit 1200 and it cuts power by 50% as shown in the table. i can do a burnout all i want. of course with a stock converter and ls1 motors 3000 rpms sudden burst of power, it is soggy under 2000 rpms.

Last edited by mrr23; 06-26-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:48 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The TQ management system and traction control systems are entirely 2 separate programs--- TQ management reduces TQ at each shift --up to 30%
The Traction control limits wheel spin at launch especially---- and on a Hi HP cars the possibility of wheel spin in higher gears
If you car won't spin the tires you need to alter the Traction control #'s or TCS MINIMUN---Stock settings are at 350ft lbs TQ Try setting this number to 450 and you will be able to spin the tires at launch--You can also totally disable the TCS all the time by adjusting the paramters that activate it like coolant temp--etc--simply sett them to the MAX or MIN valve as the table desribes
Old 07-04-2014, 02:19 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrr23

going back and reading your original statement, i think your problem isn't torque management. it might be a fueling issue. i see your injector size table is larger than mine. i'm assuming you did put larger injectors in the engine?

what are your mods to your car? year also.

my scenario is i can hold the brake and raise the rpms until i hit 1200 and it cuts power by 50% as shown in the table. i can do a burnout all i want. of course with a stock converter and ls1 motors 3000 rpms sudden burst of power, it is soggy under 2000 rpms.
I have stock injectors only mods are headers and small 216/220 cam and I haven't touched the injector tables in my tune

Last edited by pharestutt; 07-04-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:31 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Forgot to mention-----Easiest way is to simply hit the traction control button on the center console and turn the TC OFF
IF your car can't spin the tires with the TC OFF then you have other issues--

Get notified of new replies

To PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up or spin tires over in my c5 corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up or spin tires over in my c5 corvette