C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Looking for best mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Jeredk21
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Looking for best mail order tune

Have a 98 with simple bolt on's looking for the best mail order tune. It's a 6 speed manual. Also anyone get a tune? Will I feel any power differences.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:15 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

Stock my 00 manual did just at 305. With LS6 intake and headers and an ECS tune it did 330. Ran smoothly.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 AM
darnplumber
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I went with Chuck CoW

Actually, I'm in the process.
For me, My '02 with a 6-speed ran just fine on the street but not the track with just a few bolt on mods...Vararam and Magnaflow cat back only so I opted to go with the AutoCal mail order tune from CoW. I am impressed (so far) First, I called Chuck and we talked for 45 minutes. Then He sent me the AutoCal device and I followed the directions and downloaded the car's computer info and e-mailed it to CoW (Corvettes of Weschestter). He then modified it and e-mailed it back to me and I uploaded it to my car. Next, I went for a easy drive and recorded the data and sent it back to CoW to go over the logged data and make final tweeks. (that's where I am at this time. The car already runs much more responsive. I hope to have the final tune uploaded tonight and go for a "spirited" road test. This route was not cheep about $700 but I do like the personal attention to me and my car. Next, I will take the car to the track and do some data log testing and CoW will go over that data and make additional adjustments. Eventually, I plan on installing a cam, intake and injectors and will have to go through the whole process with Chuck CoW all over again. So far, I am quite satisfied but I will be giving a full report after the track tuning is complete.
This has been quite fun and educational.

Last edited by darnplumber; 04-21-2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-22-2014, 10:12 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by darnplumber
Actually, I'm in the process.
For me, My '02 with a 6-speed ran just fine on the street but not the track with just a few bolt on mods...Vararam and Magnaflow cat back only so I opted to go with the AutoCal mail order tune from CoW. I am impressed (so far) First, I called Chuck and we talked for 45 minutes. Then He sent me the AutoCal device and I followed the directions and downloaded the car's computer info and e-mailed it to CoW (Corvettes of Weschestter). He then modified it and e-mailed it back to me and I uploaded it to my car. Next, I went for a easy drive and recorded the data and sent it back to CoW to go over the logged data and make final tweeks. (that's where I am at this time. The car already runs much more responsive. I hope to have the final tune uploaded tonight and go for a "spirited" road test. This route was not cheep about $700 but I do like the personal attention to me and my car. Next, I will take the car to the track and do some data log testing and CoW will go over that data and make additional adjustments. Eventually, I plan on installing a cam, intake and injectors and will have to go through the whole process with Chuck CoW all over again. So far, I am quite satisfied but I will be giving a full report after the track tuning is complete.
This has been quite fun and educational.

Thank you! You should see another re-tune today and we'll get that puppy running just how you like it.

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for best mail order tune

Quick Reply: Looking for best mail order tune