C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New engine keeps throwing MAP sensor code.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 04:54 PM
thumpinc5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New engine keeps throwing MAP sensor code.

I just built the engine for our 2001 Vette. It's a stock cube 346 with Eagle rods, Probe pistons, ported heads, COMP 232-234 / .595"-.598" 112 LSA cam, COMP 850 lifters, stock LS6 intake, ported throttle body, 42# injectors, long tubes, high flow cats, and axle back. I had a mail order tune done, and the car was initially running EXTREMELY rich. I had a friend retune it to get it to idle and stop dumping so much fuel. Now, I keep getting a MAP sensor out of range code. I just changed the MAP sensor and checked the wiring. It's still kicking it a few seconds after starting the car. Manifold vacuum is 12" at idle. Any ideas?

Frank
Old 04-18-2014, 11:52 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The MAP reference signal or voltage is a HUGE item that is used thru-out the entire tune file--Both in fuel and spark---
Having the actual code will help narrow down the fix----Looking at your mods I would suspect your injector flow rate table
You can change the parameters that run the MAP tests so they won't run and you'll get no codes however I would make sure that it's running spot on before doing that as you may never get the top performance until you find the actual issue
If you think the car is running to it's full potential then change the parameters in the
"MAP Rationality tests" and the "MAP Predicted min/max " tables so the tests don't run--No tests--no codes !!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
thumpinc5
Racer

The code is P0106 "MAP or BARO press ckt out of range". At idle, it measures 19.0 HG at 2.7 volts. I'm using my Snap On scanner to check it. If I clear it while the car is running, it won't come back until I shut the car off and restart it.

Frank
Old 04-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Russ K
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

P0106 is a common code with a cam that raises the idle Map. You need to raise the P0106 Error Map Calculated Max table to be higher than your actual Map pressure vs RPM & Map.

Look at a ZO6 table, should work perfect for your car.

Russ Kemp
Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 PM
thumpinc5
Racer

Thanks, Russ. Got your response on LS1TECH too.

Frank

Get notified of new replies

To New engine keeps throwing MAP sensor code.

Quick Reply: New engine keeps throwing MAP sensor code.