C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Competition Mode=loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:58 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Competition Mode=loss of power

Hi all a little background: 2003 zo6 w/ tune from ecs and a few bolt-ons. There is no issue with my car when driving with tc on, but if I put it into competition mode it looses a lot of power through any gear. Its like it puts it into limp mode or something. Very strange, any ideas?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Doesn't really make sense----Check for codes with a scanner--even if the check engine light is NOT on you may have some old codes stuck in there--which could pit it into "limp mode"---
Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

I know it really doesn't make sense as it drives normally in regular traction mode. I will scan it later today and see what I get.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 PM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Okay I am resurrecting this. I have no idea what the deal is with my car, why would this happen? There are no codes, but it simply wont produce power in comp mode or w/ traction control off.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:28 AM
zhero21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call your tuner. my tuner told me that if I get "1" negative degree from bad gas in one of my tables (not sure which, i dont remember because he got all geeky) that it will drop me to "a lower power table". The car will stay in that lower table for 3 whole drive cycles and the car does not read that "1" negative degree any more. He said that if people get bad gas it would keep them in the lower power table for a month until they cycle through the old gas and get the 3 whole drive cycles in. Im new to the vette world but I was just told this by PBJ tuning in STL last week.

Get notified of new replies

To Competition Mode=loss of power

Quick Reply: Competition Mode=loss of power