C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

custom tune to reverse traction control?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:27 PM
raggy 00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom tune to reverse traction control?

i have a custom tune in my car, and the tuner set the shift point by having a "shift to 4th" light come on at 6000 rpms... telling me they can do a lot of NON engine"tuning" while they are in there messing around.

I am going to look into heads and a cam and long tube headers for my car to get more power and to have a thoatier sound..than my corsas alone give me, and its nice to have a little bite to the growl..

so i am thinking this might lead to a little show downing at a light one day....I dont want to have to hit my traction control button and hold i for xx seconds until it goes into competition mode..... while I am there sitting at the light ready to rumble.

i dont think i need traction control, or active handling...I never drive the car when the roads are wet anyway... I like the idea of having ABS braking though....( so i dont want to do away with the abs-traction control active handling module...which actually isnt working now)
{ i remember early on when i got the car, that I couldnt peel out.. the car just fell dead....I didnt know the cars system was doing it on purpose because i broke rubber!!!!!!}
i plan to get it replaced and have been thinking about this subject.

can my tuner, after my mods, program the car to always have competition mode engaged normally... and I have to actually engage traction control if i want it....ie the reverse of the way it works now??

thanks

hope i laid that out clear enough

raggy 00

Last edited by raggy 00; 03-24-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I asked that exact question when my car was tuned. The answer was no. I think I saw on the forum someone that has a circuit you can install that essentially pushes the traction control button every time you start the car.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Competitive Driving mode and Traction Control are 2 different things completely----
To disable the TC It does not take 6 seconds !! It happens immediately when you hit the TC button----
Holding the TC button down for 6 seconds puts it into Comp. driving mode as well as disables the TC-----For a drag race off a light you do not need Comp Driving mode---It is used primarily for road racing and makes the suspension stiffer-- for a flatter ride around the corners---For frag racing you want more weight transfer to the rear--So it's best to keep the suspension SOFT
Old 03-26-2014, 12:42 AM
umrjmac
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
Competitive Driving mode and Traction Control are 2 different things completely----
To disable the TC It does not take 6 seconds !! It happens immediately when you hit the TC button----
Holding the TC button down for 6 seconds puts it into Comp. driving mode as well as disables the TC-----For a drag race off a light you do not need Comp Driving mode---It is used primarily for road racing and makes the suspension stiffer-- for a flatter ride around the corners---For frag racing you want more weight transfer to the rear--So it's best to keep the suspension SOFT
Competition Driving mode = Active Handling on and Traction Control off
Old 03-26-2014, 08:03 AM
raggy 00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
I had thought, and I seem to remember it happening, that I couldn't burn rubber unless I went into comp mode...I was told that the car sensed the tires breaking free and killed the throttle on its own!

that's not true?

I am not sure which mode was actually doing it...so I might have misspoke, but the bottom line was one of them was the culprit...and to get rid of it, I needed to hold the button for ( I thought 10 seconds)

I guess one reason I might have thought that traction control and active handling worked together is that they both come up on the screen with abs control not working..( the module needs to be fixed)

raggy00
Old 03-26-2014, 10:18 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by umrjmac
Competition Driving mode = Active Handling on and Traction Control off
Exactly. You can smoke the tires in either mode.

Competition mode has nothing to do with shock settings etc.

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To custom tune to reverse traction control?

Quick Reply: custom tune to reverse traction control?