C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

torque management vs traction control

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Cosmik de Bris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque management vs traction control

Hi All, I've just got my tuning software and started to read up on tuning. Can someone tell me the what the differences are between removing the torque management in the PCM and pushing the button on the centre console?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

In a nutshell TQ management will reduce timing on high rpm upshifts to a degree. Turning off traction control is just that.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Cosmik de Bris
Advanced

Thanks, so the button on the console and the settings in the PCM are completely independent? Is the traction control controlled by the EBCM rather than the PCM?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 PM
cvm
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Think they both work together.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:36 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If you have HP Tuners or EFILIVE-- you can set the MAX TQ limit for the traction control--The stock setting is set at 350 lbs TQ but you can change that to the max of 640----But that sets the limit all the time even if the TC is OFF---not a good idea--cause when daily driving the TC can save your ***-------The TQ management is something entirely different---It controls the TQ only during the shifts----You can delete the TQ management independently from the traction control mgmt---by setting all the shifts to "0" in the TQ management tables--- but all you have to do isturn the TC button OFF to let you spin the tires at launch---- If you set the TQ magmt to max -640 then it will be that way all the time regaurdless if the button is ON or OFF --why risk the mistake of spinning out on a turn 100% of the time when you don't have to--Trust me---the TC is your friend when you need it the most--- Setting the TQ Magmt to "0" will make the shifts sharper- and won't make your engine have to regain the 30% of computer TQ loss at each shift and quicker in the 1/4 mile and that is a good thing
Old 03-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Cosmik de Bris
Advanced

Thanks, that's the kind of thing I was looking for. :-)

Get notified of new replies

To torque management vs traction control

Quick Reply: torque management vs traction control