C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Can a tune put the car into reduced power mode?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Jay-rod
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can a tune put the car into reduced power mode?

I have a 99 m6 C5 that had a new refurbished pcm,tac and bcm installed at G.M right before i bought the car as it was in a light collision.

I drove the car two hours home and it ran great. I then installed a tr224 style cam/valvetrain,ls6 intake,long tubes and a vararam b2. I then drove it an hour to make sure there were no issues/leaks and had no problems.

The next day I get the car tuned,drive the car 20 minutes home and park it for two months waiting for warm weather.

Pull the car out drive it for 20 minutes and the idle goes all over the place/stalling,then settles out again. It does this multiple times.
Then reduced power mode with codes p1516,p1517,p1518.

It always runs good for at least 20 minutes then it goes into reduced power mode and continues to go into reduced power mode every time the car is restarted when warm.It seems like it happens only once the car is warm.The longest it has ran is an hour without going into reduced power mode.

The gas pedal was reading 6% but the throttle body was saying it was at 100% That is why it was going into reduced power mode.so I changed the throttlebody with a known working one.SAME thing.

I have talked to Bill Curlee and am greatful for all of the tips he gave me to look at. Thanks Again Bill.

My tuner and I have looked at everything that was suggested by Bill, short of replacing the TAC. All Circuits /grounds and wires check out ok.

Could my tune be causing this. My tuner doesn't think so but at this point I would like a second opinion as I am not educated with what a tune can do as far as reduced engine power.

Thank you,
Jer.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
0tom01ss
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a p 1516 is your tac module

Quick Reply: Can a tune put the car into reduced power mode?