C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Some issues HVAC/radio/horn

Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
apollo240
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some issues HVAC/radio/horn/CODES/seat

Before ANYONE says use the search feature. I have. There are many many threads, all clogged up with the "use the search feature". Plus many are old and mention the forum rule, dont not post after its been inactive for 45 days.

0600: the horn is blasting away. Unhook the battery. After i got cleaned up and ready for the day, i came out to work on the car. I decided this would probably be the start of me getting into some other issues as well.

To fix the horn for now i took out the fuse. Problem solved, i can use the finger for now. Im 90% sure it will need the membrane replaced. The first couple times i could just hit the horn and it would go off. The last time i kept hitting it and nothing happened. Just unhooked the battery. This happened saturday night as well. It was cold, about 2200 was the time. I assume the temp and maybe the moisture has something to do with this.

HVAC: i have cold air on both sides. If i turn the heat up, only the passenger side gets warm. Thats the main concern, the heat with the drivers side. I assume i have to pull out the drivers side actuator.
Side note and im not sure how this works. If i put the temp on 61, then turn the passenger side control to red, it doesnt go hot on the passenger side. Dunno if thats normal. Not my real concern but just putting it out there.

Radio: have an aftermarket unit installed. Came in the car. Well theres a red wire, i assume power, that has a prong or something on the end of it run down to my fuse box. It was shoved in along with the HVAC fuse. This was ok except that i cant use the radio unless the car is on. So i tried both "rdo" fuses, and the bose fuse. All give continous power to the radio. Even with the keys out of the ignition and doors open. Right now im fighting the stupid fuse because that little prong made it so loose, the wire moves when i put the cover back on the box.

This car is ticking me off to the point i wish i had my Mach 1 back. Thats bad. I have very low tolerance for cars, especially when dumb stuff goes wrong.

Where should i start? Any advice? Am i missing anything? I have multiple problems and dont want to do something that may make more, or one of the others worse.

Last edited by apollo240; 10-17-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
apollo240
Racer

Ok fixe the radio, same as it used to be just shoved in hvac fuse for now.

Another issue: driver seat. The lumbar, hugger controls. They make noise, but i dont feel anything moving. Also the front portion of the seat wont go all the way down. In fact i dont think the front part moves at all. Even though it as well makes noise.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM
apollo240
Racer

Ran the car got some trouble codes:

28 tcs c1255 h
38 rtd no comm
40 bcm b0432 h
40 bcm b2527 h c
40 bcm b2723 h
80 radio no comm
99 hvac b0441 h c
A0 ldcm u1064 h
A1 rdcm u1064 h
B0 rfa u1096 h
B0 rfa u1064 h
B0 rfa u1016 h

So is my car just a total turd with all those codes?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM
apollo240
Racer

Co'mon any kind of help here? Im still researching codes.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
apollo240
Racer

I know about the BCM B2527, I took out the horn fuse so that explains that.
Same with the 99 HVAC. That should explain my not being able to have heat on the driver side.

I assume that since I disconnected the battery that will explain all the RFA codes and the BCM B2723 pass key detection circuit. I had to retrain the FOB to the car.

I did drive the car kinda hard when i took it on the test drive before getting the codes, the TCS did activate and work fine. Maybe this is where the 28 TCS C1255 came from?

RTD no comm...I dont have selective ride control....

I used the rear defogger, I thought it worked fine.

80 radio no comm, I assume thats bc its routing power a different way to the aftermarket unit?

I dont understand the LDCM and the RDCM. Loss of comm's maybe bc i unplugged the battery?

I hear a little squeak in my engine bay. All the pullies seem to be solid. I think the belt is in good shape. I can pull on it and see the tensioner on the passenger side top move. I really only hear it when I accelerate or rev the engine. Basically when I put it under a load. We did have alot of rain lately, but today was dry. Maybe it got wet?

Also, I had 3:15 on my rear diff. I guess that tells me what rearend is in my car lol.

The
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
apollo240
Racer

I cant believe noone has chimed in any help. Well, if any of this happens to someone else, the research I have done has led me to almost confirm all of my codes.

The TCS c1255 is the only one Im still not sure about. I assume it did have something to do with the tcs activating and maybe since the car went sideways the brakes activated as well? (if these cars do that)

It seems I was right as a majority of the codes were due to me unhooking the battery and then putting it back on. I guess since the negative wire touched the terminal but not good enough(since I was tightening it on) there was a lack of current to everything.

I also did turn the defrost on after i had been messing with all the accessories and without running the car. I guess I had too much going on and since the car wasnt running it drew too much current.

The horn is since I unplugged the fuse. Gotta order the membrane for this fix.

I have to fix the driver side(left) actuator. Hopefully I can get that done soon.

I have no idea whats going on with the seat, or the "squeaking" im hearing in the engine bay when the engine is under load, accelerating or revving.

Get notified of new replies

To Some issues HVAC/radio/horn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some issues HVAC/radio/horn