C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Efi live expert needed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:53 PM
livetocruise
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Efi live expert needed!

My ls2 with an 88mm single turbo is ready to run, I have the tune file (drafted by ecs, so I have to assume it is not a file error) however it is a different OS than what is in the car now. When I attempt to load the new file/os, it appears to go through it's regular steps, however it goes from start to finish in about 15 seconds, (instead of 3 or 4 minutes).. After it is done, and it tells me to turn the key off, and wait for countdown, after that, I am getting a "Can't Create EFIlive/7.5/config/pcmlocks.ini Access Denied" error.. If I pull the tune from the computer, it is still the old file with an OS of 09373372 instead of the new OS which is 02040003. Can anyone provide some insight? I am stumped, and REALLY want to get this thing running!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 AM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You doing a full burn, not a partial burn?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Yes Don, he is trying to do a full flash to update the OS and it is not allowing him to for some reason.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Most likey the tuner did a " Custom Operating System" or custom calibration--( because of the boost )--And cerated a new operating system--He may have also "LOCKED" the tune so no one else can get into it without the password---Contact your tuner to see what he did--
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
livetocruise
Instructor

The problem was in the security settings for efi live. I had to chage the security settings for the 7.5 directory, and the configurations folder within efi live. Apparently this is a reletively common problem according to the EFI forum for users running vista on their laptop. After adjusting the security settings, the file uploaded without a hitch.. Now to see if I can get it refined a bit!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM
livetocruise
Instructor

we are slowly making progress!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM
livetocruise
Instructor

Default didn't realize this was a double post... however, I have another question!

How do I go about integrating my Innovate LM2 wideband into the V2 in real-time to log A/F ratio's without using original o2 sensors? I have to assume it is possible!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably his problem is that he doesn't have the commercial EFILIVE version! Check it.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
kp1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by livetocruise
How do I go about integrating my Innovate LM2 wideband into the V2 in real-time to log A/F ratio's without using original o2 sensors? I have to assume it is possible!
You have to select the necessary PIDs for the LM2 and plug the LM2 into the V2.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 AM
jeff keyuk
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to the EFI Form,You will get help there,Joecar is the guy you what help from,
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by livetocruise
The problem was in the security settings for efi live. I had to chage the security settings for the 7.5 directory, and the configurations folder within efi live. Apparently this is a reletively common problem according to the EFI forum for users running vista on their laptop. After adjusting the security settings, the file uploaded without a hitch.. Now to see if I can get it refined a bit!

Currently searching the efi live forum, but if you know what these security changes need to be made please let me know.

Edit Friend and I figured it out. It is the v7.5 efi live folder permissions. Need to give full permission to the (all?) users. I did that and also ran the tune software as an admin and it worked fine to upload the custom operating system and then my old tune file. Not sure if doing one or the other did the trick as I only tried it once.

Last edited by slow ride; 06-02-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:32 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I agree with your tune you now have what they call a "custom operating system" so you cant make changes to your tune unless you do another "full flash" IF you still can't do a full flash then more than likely the tuner LOCKED youe tunefile so no one other than himself can get into it---In Modesto where I am you would get Shot for this !!
Ask you tuner for the password if they have any integrity they will give it to you--They have already made their $$ off you and are just tricking you into going thru them for any minor change
Old 07-04-2014, 10:48 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

You do NOT need to do a full flash after the full flash for the os
Conversion for each change! Just do a calibration flash for changes!

Full flash is only needed for os changes

What error are you getting?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:49 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Originally Posted by slow ride
Currently searching the efi live forum, but if you know what these security changes need to be made please let me know.

Edit Friend and I figured it out. It is the v7.5 efi live folder permissions. Need to give full permission to the (all?) users. I did that and also ran the tune software as an admin and it worked fine to upload the custom operating system and then my old tune file. Not sure if doing one or the other did the trick as I only tried it once.
Hit start -run -enter msconfig

Search there to disable uac

Get notified of new replies

To Efi live expert needed!

Quick Reply: Efi live expert needed!