C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Cheap imported tech 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
MCB Z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap imported tech 2

Has anyone bought one of these? I have several GM vehicles and used to be a GM tech so I want one! Just not sure if i should spend way more on an old updated HP or just buy the hong kong or china ones? Either way with all the goodies and updated to 2011 or 2012

Thanks in advance
Matt
Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MCB Z06
Has anyone bought one of these? I have several GM vehicles and used to be a GM tech so I want one! Just not sure if i should spend way more on an old updated HP or just buy the hong kong or china ones? Either way with all the goodies and updated to 2011 or 2012

Thanks in advance
Matt
If you're an ex-tech, you MUST be aware of the advantages of quality tools, and the disadvantage of poor quality.

A quick google search will turn up plenty of horror stories of Chinese TECH2s not working, not working correctly, etc.

Do yourself a favor and buy the real deal.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 PM
sugarwolf
Pro

Thanks in advance
Matt
Got one. Use it at work. works fine. Master Ase Technician here. .. Costed me around $1250.00. Compared it to a friends tech 2 from the dealership pretty much the same. Don't surprise me if GM is getting them from same place.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sugarwolf
Got one. Use it at work. works fine. Master Ase Technician here. .. Costed me around $1250.00. Compared it to a friends tech 2 from the dealership pretty much the same. Don't surprise me if GM is getting them from same place.
ASE master tech here as well. L1 also. 30 years exp. You are one of the lucky ones (with your clone)

http://www.canadiantechnician.com/fo...&threadid=2194

http://www.garageforum.co.uk/forum/5...2-update-.html

I believe iatn has some threads on clone TECH2 issues as well. Are you a member there?

I seriously doubt GM is getting them from the same place.

I would never think about buying a clone tool, or bootleg software, for something I use to earn a living. What happens if you have a problem with it?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
sugarwolf
Pro

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
ASE master tech here as well. L1 also. 30 years exp. You are one of the lucky ones (with your clone)

http://www.canadiantechnician.com/fo...&threadid=2194

http://www.garageforum.co.uk/forum/5...2-update-.html

I believe iatn has some threads on clone TECH2 issues as well. Are you a member there?

I seriously doubt GM is getting them from the same place.

I would never think about buying a clone tool, or bootleg software, for something I use to earn a living. What happens if you have a problem with it?

Typical responce from someone who doesn't own one..... Just because others have issues with a clone or after-market doesn't mean they are garbage... Even name brand scan tools like the snap-on modus a 6k machine people bitch about and have issues.

The main thing is I OWN a Tech 2 and clone or not its identical. And if you have a problem big deal buy another one and still is cheaper than buying a new one or buying a STOLEN one off eBay..

Go ahead and flame the thread again with your threads to other forums. I can send tons of threads about how dewalt is garbage and milwakee is best kinda crap. Dont flame unless you have owned one and broke on you.

Mods need to lock this thread
Old 12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sugarwolf
Typical responce from someone who doesn't own one..... Just because others have issues with a clone or after-market doesn't mean they are garbage... Even name brand scan tools like the snap-on modus a 6k machine people bitch about and have issues.

The main thing is I OWN a Tech 2 and clone or not its identical. And if you have a problem big deal buy another one and still is cheaper than buying a new one or buying a STOLEN one off eBay..

Go ahead and flame the thread again with your threads to other forums. I can send tons of threads about how dewalt is garbage and milwakee is best kinda crap. Dont flame unless you have owned one and broke on you.

Mods need to lock this thread
I do own a TECH2. And an IDS. And a DRBIII. And a Vetronix Mastertech. And a Snapon 2500. I don't buy clones because I want real support if I have an issue.

No need to be a ***** about it...........
Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I do own a TECH2. And an IDS. And a DRBIII. And a Vetronix Mastertech. And a Snapon 2500. I don't buy clones because I want real support if I have an issue.

No need to be a ***** about it...........
*****, lol. You must be an negitive old dude.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 PM
MCB Z06
Intermediate

Sorry to cause trouble, i thought the software was legit, not boot leg? Oh well, im working a deal gm orig old hp updated to newest yr

Under 2k

We'll see. I just want it for the 5 GM ls vehicles I own
Old 12-18-2011, 01:12 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by speedraider
*****, lol. You must be an negitive old dude.
I ain't no spring chicken, that's for sure.

But, the guy was being a jerk about it.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:24 PM
MCB Z06
Intermediate

All solved, picked up a real gm for 1900$ with. Andi, ect in case w 2012 software!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
MCB Z06
Intermediate

However the candi module is bad, ughhhh, trying to get ahold of the guy I bought it from, he is local....i'm sure he will make it right for me!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

All solved, picked up a real gm for 1900$ with. Andi, ect in case w 2012 software!
However the candi module is bad, ughhhh, trying to get ahold of the guy I bought it from, he is local....i'm sure he will make it right for me!
Yep, gotta be careful who you're buying through/from. Even a legit unit, used, can be an issue. This is the exact reason why I said earlier I would not buy a clone. I know yours isn't a clone, bu you get my point.

Get notified of new replies

To Cheap imported tech 2

Quick Reply: Cheap imported tech 2