C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Zouls
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light

I have a problem i need som help with.

I put and Vararam intake on my corvette and i hade no problems at all with it. Drove for about 3 weeks and then i got it tuned on a dyno. The day after the chek engine light comes on saying P0327. I know it the front knock sensor. So i hade the car tested with a guy how knows and he replaced them, but i still have the same problem. I have seen a few people, but so fare know one seem to knows what is wrong. Could someone please help me!

Thanks M
Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 PM
hex
Pro

The intake may have been off of the engine at some point in it's life, and the KS harness got pinched. I have seen it happen and not short out until months or years later. Did he check the harness when he replaced the sensor?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

Also, I believe it is critical to not torque sensor too much. I believe something like 13# at least on my C4. Not saying this is the problem with the new one, just something to look into.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Zouls
Cruising

Hi and thanks!

If there is a slight resistence when measure the electric currentin the harness , could that be the couse to problem with the knock sensor?
Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Zouls
Cruising

Hi and thanks Southerna Son. I trust the man who did the knock sensors (he is good acording to others), so i do not think he torque the sensors to mutch.

M
Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

read this prodedure and see if it helps---
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic9363.php
Old 08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Zouls
Cruising

Sorry for not answerinng you back. I have been away. Well i do have a garage do my own work in and evev if i did i would not know what to do (no very little about whats under the hood on a corvette).

The harness has been replaced, however that did not solve the problems with the front knock sensor. By now i dont know what to do. Any one who has an idea of what would be a smart thing to do?

M
Old 08-12-2010, 02:16 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Quite often with mods the knock sensors will pick up NEW noises it hasn't heard before--- LT headers for one will always cause "false knock codes as the csat iron manifolds deaden alot ot the noise
A CAI will also make new noises--A Varraram as well--It opens up the intake tract and the plastic coverings are thinner and the semsors will pick up new noises--- Most always these noises will cause "false knock"
OR will make noises the sensors haven't heard before and you'll get codes saying the data it's getting is out of range for stock configuration--
YOU can de-senstize the knock sensors-- with a full tuner--
to compensate for these new noises---By adding to the "knck sensor frequecy and knock sensor sensitivity" tables-- just a little at a time til the codes don't come back-- start by going to the next higher # on the table

These tables are found in the "nkock sensor Hardware " section--
Futher adjustments can also be made in the "knock sensor software tables using the "cylinder mode" section"
PS: be careful to not go too far and listen carfully for some audible pinging---Someimes it can be a fine line from getting rid of false codes and creating some real detonation--Sorry to say trial and error is the only method----
Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Zouls
Cruising

Hi tblu92!

I dont have a garage or a place to do any testing or work in. I have to trust the shop i turn to for help. Would a tuner shope be able to help me or should i turn to the chevy delars garage in order to de-senstize the knock sensors?

M
Old 08-15-2010, 12:51 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

A dealer will NOT mess with the stock program--You need to go to a tuner that has either EFILIVE or HPTuners---software--Not a repair shop---- Tuning capabilities are usually found in a hi-performance shop or a corvette specialty store--
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Zouls
Cruising

Hi! I decided to put back the "stock tune" to the engine, rather then take the risk
the engine broke down. I was told that it was a pre-ignation that was the resan for
the knock sensor to react.

M

Get notified of new replies

To Check engine light

Quick Reply: Check engine light